Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Yeah, the 97MY LPT 850's had a different AC routine. We ran into the same issue with my wife's '97 GLT.

Piet sent me a .bin that was the -607 bin with the AC routines modified to those found in the -936 ECU (The 97 GLT 2.4 LPT ECU). Shoot me an email (cwarren@indy.net) and I can send that to you. I haven't had time or inclination to compare what was different between the std -607 and the -607/-936 .bins, but you can probably figure that out and apply the changes to the -608 .bin

Is there a "Maximum" value for the "injector opening time by voltage"?

I'm configuring the new .bin for the manual swap/COP upgrade on my '97T5 and having an issue with the values for the "Greens". For the 5.00V and 5.99V values, it calls for 5.8177 and 5.1556. When I commit the values, they both revert to 4.973. The rest of the values look to be "correct".

Also, the "Basic Adjustment Factor" for the greens should be 0.7188 (according to Piet's post from a WHILE back) and not the 0.8125 shown on the Wiki page, correct? That would explain a few things the way the car was running before I pulled things apart for the manual swap.

@Piet Thanks! Im not able to download it though :( I'm probably too new here. Maybe you can send it to technic75@gmail.com ??

Also I would like to discuss another finding. Is there a limit where vmax regulation actually triggers? I tried to set softlimiter to 30km/h and hard limiter to 50km/h. 

Car happily moves up to 50km/h and then hit hard limiter. It seems to effectively ignore the soft limiter.

I'm using 608 bin on a 305 box (Volvo 850).

Erik

Edited by ErikH
@Piet

On 8/21/2020 at 12:13 AM, Chuck W said:

Is there a "Maximum" value for the "injector opening time by voltage"?

I'm configuring the new .bin for the manual swap/COP upgrade on my '97T5 and having an issue with the values for the "Greens". For the 5.00V and 5.99V values, it calls for 5.8177 and 5.1556. When I commit the values, they both revert to 4.973. The rest of the values look to be "correct".

Also, the "Basic Adjustment Factor" for the greens should be 0.7188 (according to Piet's post from a WHILE back) and not the 0.8125 shown on the Wiki page, correct? That would explain a few things the way the car was running before I pulled things apart for the manual swap.

Here is a complete list of the steps for the injector constant, injector voltage correction and minimum injector time.  The maximum voltage correction allowed for injector opening is 4.9725ms

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88cuzfqplrg5o67/Injector Calculations.ods?dl=0

Edited by Dangerous Dave

There are two different types of greens 

- 425 cc @ 3bar

- 440 cc @ 3 bar

Maybe that (partially) explains the difference in injector constant?

Besides that...  there a there are more factors that determine the right injector constant in a particular car, like for instance: how accurate is your air-mass reading.

And of course how accurate the inj const is calibrated against the dead times.

For the 608 bin with GLT AC-routines:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o7zik4jq6ediju/608_rev5b_GLT-AC.bin?dl=0

Edited by Piet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dangerous Dave said:

Here is a complete list of the steps for the injector constant, injector opening and minimum injector time.  The maximum voltage allowed for injector opening is 4.9725V

10 minutes ago, Piet said:

There are two different types of greens 

- 425 cc @ 3bar

- 440 cc @ 3 bar

Maybe that explains the difference in intercooler constant?

Besides that...  there a there are more factors that determine the right intercooler constant in a particular car, like for instance: how accurate is your air-mass reading.

OK, well I'm going on the info from @Piet's post

I'll have to check which greens I have (From an '04 P2R engine), but if the max value is 4.9725V, how are the values of 5V+ usable?
Thanks for the Injector Calc link!

I've been having issues with the fuel mileage. It was terrible before I started my mods but now it's even worse. I want half with running the 608 binary, little glitches were happening and it's meant for the 2.3 engine. Plus there are many differences in the maps between the two. 

So I've gone back to running the 305 binary which is the original for my 2.5 lpt engine. I've transferred over the logging code as well as COP and wideband control. 

Using exactly the same fueling and ignition maps I had in the 608

binary on a cruise it's gone from 26mpg to 38mpg. On a 70 mile run the other day, half motorway and the other half country roads, it managed 35mpg.

It needs some tuning on load but otherwise I'm very happy with how it's running now.

UPDATE - Well it didn't work :( When I did a real life test it turned out I was getting 17.5mpg.  So it seems the mpg update was only being sent half the time(?) thus causing the increased false mpg reading.

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Edited by Dangerous Dave
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2020 at 7:59 AM, Dangerous Dave said:

Here is a complete list of the steps for the injector constant, injector opening and minimum injector time.  The maximum voltage allowed for injector opening is 4.9725V

So, do I just use the 4.9725V value for those values over 5V?

Flashing the ECU in prep for a restart this weekend, and would like to have that sorted. The previous tune had defaulted to the 4.9725V value, unbeknownst to me anyway, but if there is an alternative, I'd like to try it.

2 hours ago, Chuck W said:

So, do I just use the 4.9725V value for those values over 5V?

Flashing the ECU in prep for a restart this weekend, and would like to have that sorted. The previous tune had defaulted to the 4.9725V value, unbeknownst to me anyway, but if there is an alternative, I'd like to try it.

My apologies, I got the units wrong. The injector voltage correction is in milliseconds. So the max correction is 4.9725ms.

At 5V and 5.99V it shouldn't matter too much as most of the time the battery voltage is at 12 to 14V whilst the engine is running. I'm not sure in what situation a battery voltage as low as 5V would arise let alone the engine being able to run at that voltage.

So just run it at the maximum correction value for those low voltages. 

Edited by Dangerous Dave

I got a n/a bin with damos and i have been trying to make my own xdf. I have found the ignition map,fuel map,re engage ignition advance, k-l DK decel,idle ignition and idle rpm, 

but rpms,load and temp are not in order, the ignition map starts with -9s and k-l DK decel is weird too. Anyone know whats wrong?

I also need help finding probe diagnostic in front of catalytic converter hex adress and if its a manual or auto bin(trans switch hex adress?) 

Thanks

na.7z

Edited by WSTL

7 hours ago, Dangerous Dave said:

My apologies, I got the units wrong. The injector voltage correction is in milliseconds. So the max correction is 4.9725ms.

At 5V and 5.99V it shouldn't matter too much as most of the time the battery voltage is at 12 to 14V whilst the engine is running. I'm not sure in what situation a battery voltage as low as 5V would arise let alone the engine being able to run at that voltage.

So just run it at the maximum correction value for those low voltages. 

Yeah, I was a little confused, as they're a "time", but the question on the values was still relevant. 
They've been running at that max correction value for the past year, but my injector constant has been wrong, so hopefully that clears a few things up.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, Dangerous Dave said:

I've been having issues with the fuel mileage. It was terrible before I started my mods but now it's even worse. I want half with running the 608 binary, little glitches were happening and it's meant for the 2.3 engine. Plus there are many differences in the maps between the two. 

So I've gone back to running the 305 binary which is the original for my 2.5 lpt engine. I've transferred over the logging code as well as COP and wideband control. 

Using exactly the same fueling and ignition maps I had in the 608 binary on a cruise it's gone from 26mpg to 38mpg. On a 70 mile run the other day, half motorway and the other half country roads, it managed 35mpg.

It needs some tuning on load but otherwise I'm very happy with how it's running now.

Nice work. This I will try. Experienced the same issue...

Anyone knows if there are any gear (manual gear) based limiters in M4.4?

I know that in earlier M3.8 there isn't any (You can ellaborate with ignition adjustment/gear but thats all afaik).

I assume limiters were introduced in ME7 but I'm not sure.