Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

9 hours ago, Byte_My_Void said:

as i said before i want to make something like ostrich on modern mcu, to get ability to flash, thats why i am trying to collect information about ecu memory map and so on.

where is memory map selector? its just byte or switch or what?

ecu retrive data from memory once on power up or it uses flash rom constantly to get values?

The processor sends a command which enables pin A16 on the eeprom (see 28f010 eeprom datasheet).  This enables the upper 4 sectors (0x10000 to 0x1FFFF) of the eeprom to be read by the processor.  It constantly switches between the two blocks, some of the code is duplicated.

Please read the six text files here: https://www.piese-volvo.ro/droid/volvo/rev5/

They contain all the info on how the map switching and logging works

Edited by Dangerous Dave

Hi all and thank you for all the work on this project.

I've been lurking and reading for a long time getting ready to tune my 98 V70R that I bought as a fixer and got running a few months back.-

Got everything setup per the wiki. Got the 607 bin flashed all good.

Now i'm getting a P0605 internal control module fault. Researched and found I should reflash the bin again.

Made some tweaks to the bin before flashing again and when I hit save it throws a checksum fault in TunerPro RT.

Tried a virgin bin and it throws a fault just hitting save with no changes.

More research led me to completely delete and reinstall tunerpro and all files. I even deleted and re downloaded all components.

Still no go, I've tried all the tips found while searching this topic for checksum faults, what am I missing?

Laptop is Windows 10 is that the problem?

Tried compatability mode to Windows 7 with no change.

Would love to get to some more serious tuning.

Thanks in advance

Shawn

38 minutes ago, sc00by71 said:

Hi all and thank you for all the work on this project.

I've been lurking and reading for a long time getting ready to tune my 98 V70R that I bought as a fixer and got running a few months back.-

Got everything setup per the wiki. Got the 607 bin flashed all good.

Now i'm getting a P0605 internal control module fault. Researched and found I should reflash the bin again.

Made some tweaks to the bin before flashing again and when I hit save it throws a checksum fault in TunerPro RT.

Tried a virgin bin and it throws a fault just hitting save with no changes.

More research led me to completely delete and reinstall tunerpro and all files. I even deleted and re downloaded all components.

Still no go, I've tried all the tips found while searching this topic for checksum faults, what am I missing?

Laptop is Windows 10 is that the problem?

Tried compatability mode to Windows 7 with no change.

Would love to get to some more serious tuning.

Thanks in advance

Shawn

Have you put the motronic 4.4 checksum plugin into the tunerpro plugin folder?

Edited by Dangerous Dave

6 minutes ago, Dangerous Dave said:

Have you put the motronic 4.4 checksum plugin into the tunerpro plugin folder?

Yes. I almost specified it but thought the per the wiki would suffice. I can see the plugin listed in parameter category view but it is obvious it isn't working as it fails even on a freshly downloaded unchanged bin file.

25 minutes ago, sc00by71 said:

Yes. I almost specified it but thought the per the wiki would suffice. I can see the plugin listed in parameter category view but it is obvious it isn't working as it fails even on a freshly downloaded unchanged bin file.

Ok, on the Menu bar goto 'XDF>View/Edit XDF Header Info' then click the 'Checksums' tab.  There should be a checksum listed called 'Checksum plugin by Simply Volvo'

Click 'Edit Selected' and see if it looks like this:

1554687663_Screenshotfrom2020-09-2922-20-21.png.83ee6d340b024e0d97cf97deb49a76af.png 

Edited by Dangerous Dave
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sc00by71 said:

I think you found the problem, now how to fix it.

Nothing was listed in the module and calculator fields.

Only option in the dropdown is TunerPro Default Checksum Plug-in

Just checked again and even deleted and recopied the dll to the root of the TunerProRT directory.

Still not an option in the menu

Ok, looks like we're getting somewhere, maybe a Windows 10 issue.  Have you tried changing the permissions for the dll?  Or running tunerpro as administrator?

Also see this thread

Edited by Dangerous Dave

27 minutes ago, sc00by71 said:

Changed the permissions on the dll, no change

Run as admin no change.

Looking at that other thread I do not have msvcp100 or msvcr100 dll's, have the msvcp120 and msvcr120 though

I'll see if I can source them.

I have them both in my Tunerpro directory.

Here are all 4 files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1f6gz8uf6rijf8/msvcp100.zip?dl=0

Otherwise install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 package.  Though there may be an issue with the msvcp100.dll in win 10 http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=4439

Edited by Dangerous Dave

12 minutes ago, Dangerous Dave said:

I have the both in my Tunerpro directory.

Here are all 4 files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1f6gz8uf6rijf8/msvcp100.zip?dl=0

Otherwise install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 package.  Thought there may be an issue with the msvcp100.dll in win 10 http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=4439

That was it! Checksum options populated after loading the dll's and a restart of tunerpro. Able to save bin file now and see it indicate update checksum.

Thank you very much Dangerous Dave!

Now the fun really starts

1 minute ago, sc00by71 said:

That was it! Checksum options populated after loading the dll's and a restart of tunerpro. Able to save bin file now and see it indicate update checksum.

Thank you very much Dangerous Dave!

Now the fun really starts

Awesome, that's what the forums are for :D 

Good luck!!

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, Dangerous Dave said:

The processor sends a command which enables pin A16 on the eeprom (see 28f010 eeprom datasheet).  This enables the upper 4 sectors (0x10000 to 0x1FFFF) of the eeprom to be read by the processor.  It constantly switches between the two blocks, some of the code is duplicated.

Please read the six text files here: https://www.piese-volvo.ro/droid/volvo/rev5/

They contain all the info on how the map switching and logging works

thank u for info, i am not really good in asm (i am c and c# programmer so asm needs a lot more time for me to understand)
also ive already started to work on several blocks for volvo

1) already made fw and ordered board that can fit in fan relay block sizes (as additional block) that will drive motor fan logics (added external input for  bi-metal sensor that will activate 2nd speed fan) + adc input for regilar sensor (2 pin) just before engine (not before radiator) and for now rs485

2)now working on m4.4 addon (simular to ostrich) (usb flashing, fast fw switching, parameter changing without tunerpro (direct memory edit in windows software with autochecksum (for a start simple settings in plans(boost,and so on) ))

3) in plans - blocks in front doors  (digital window operation,mirror heat and move, central lock and so on) - i need it to remove wires from door connector, to use free pins for sound system wiring.

4) in progres seat power modules - in my car front seats are from s60 2012+ r-design , so they already moving, i just need to make seat heat power module and logical module that drives power modules of both seats and controls thermistors in seats.

so ive got logic module fw already done, got schematics of power module (it will use the same connector from original s60 block) and schematics for logical block. digital bus is not ready yet,but digital part of seat heat driver already works. it has 3 states: 0% (off) 50% (led one on) 100%(led 2 on); now i am waiting for connectors and then i will make board for it. Next i will print boxes for those modules. 

5) in plans:can distributor (same as in modern cars - but different) it will connect low speed rs485 "always on" blocks (fan controller and so on) and blocks with high speed controllers (like mcu that will be installed in 4.4 )

distributor will connect all the blocks in 1 net and then i will connect it to obd free pins instead of myostrich analog, that will be there first.

i am using rs485 just because i didnt worked with can before, ive already ordered tranceivers but in mcu`s that are will be always online its hard to work on high speeds (ive decreased frequences to 1mhz to save car battery) but radiator fan and doors will be fully active even if acc is off. also i will add glass closer functional.

Thats all for now, ive got a lot of work to do)))

• Like 1

On 2/27/2013 at 12:38 AM, Johann said:

The one I have here compared to above posted pic,

m44naecu.jpg

please may you send me a up close photo of this ecu, but from the bottom of the board, I mean, just remove the back part as well, and then take a photo or 2. I'm in the process of trying to save mine, which however had a terrible short of the mag wiring, resulting in a severe damaged ecu... Please, I'm quite desperate. My mail address is Johannolivier.j@gmail.com