Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Hello guuuuuuuuuuuuys ! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack ! :)

Sorry for the long absence, for the 4 years me and a friend of mine had put together up a small VOLVO repair shop here in Romania, which in time grew bigger and bigger (we now have 8 lifts).
Unfortunately I had to leave from the business and from the tuning scene as a little girl appeared in our lives :)

But she's 2 years now and I'm starting to have more free time, and I'm getting back to my old love, my T5 S70.
3 years ago a tree fell over the top and bent it like hell. She's been parked in the same place and never moved since :(

It's in a repair shop now for making her straight again, and I'll be off installing the new GT3071 that's been waiting for 4 years on the shelf.

Hope you're all well and staying safe from the new COVID. Glad to be back !

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

Sorry for the long absence, for the 4 years me and a friend of mine had put together up a small VOLVO repair shop here in Romania, which in time grew bigger and bigger (we now have 8 lifts).
Unfortunately I had to leave from the business and from the tuning scene as a little girl appeared in our lives :)

But she's 2 years now and I'm starting to have more free time, and I'm getting back to my old love, my T5 S70.
3 years ago a tree fell over the top and bent it like hell. She's been parked in the same place and never moved since :(

It's in a repair shop now for making her straight again, and I'll be off installing the new GT3071 that's been waiting for 4 years on the shelf.

Welcome back!

You've got a lot of catching up to do 😁

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, Midnight Caller said:

Welcome back Midnight Caller! 

I wish you the best of luck with the Volvo.  GT3071 will be awesome! I run a GTX3076 and is wonderful!

// Turboforslund

• Like 1

Hey guys . I just got a 1998 C70 m4.4 turbo and im very happy with the car. Yesterday i replaced the turbo and the exhaust manifold from S60R and i got the Turnerpro software running + i did the flashing succesfully. Guys i have 2 questions about the MAP sensor and the Wideband that are not explained in more understandable language, sorry im not so smart when it comes to programming language and terms sorry...  So can somebody explain simply how to and  is it possible to connect this MAP sensor  i think its 3 bar (MPXH6300AC6T1- i had it from my previuous project Honda Civic ) in the ECU housing  and should i connect it to the Secondary O2 or the TANk pressure inputs ???  Btw i dont know if i have tank pressure sensor. Where is it located ? 
 I have an AEM wideband model AEM Electronics X-Series Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Sensor Controller Gauges 30-0300 im puzzled on where to connect this one since i read somewhere in the topic that connecting it to the secondary o2 channel is not good idea ...  And how to adjust the ADX formulas for boost and wideband  sensors?   Guys i apreciate you ! This topic is so full of valuable information. I kinda regret that i dont have your knoledge about programming.  Another quick one guys i tested the car and the Launch control works amazing although i searched the bin file and i couldnt find how to adjust it , make it a bit more agressive ? Thank you.

Edited by Iksan

Hello Iksan !

I don't believe there's  such thing as "dumb people", but just... inexperienced people
What I believe is that, like all of us that reached a satisfying result in the end, you should read all the posts in this topic as they are full of information and effort from our beloved members. Trying to "skip" this is like skipping to the end of the movie and then complaining you couldn't understand why stuff is the way it is.

To give you a response still, I personally used another MAP sensor (The Motorola MPX450AP), glued it to the PCB with hot glue, and soldered wires from the VCC, GND and signal pins to their corresponding ECU pins (I used the tank pressure sensor channel) and my AEM UEGO WB tied to the rear O2 sensor harness (but took care that inside the ECU, the pin for the O2 sensor ground is tied to the ECU ground so I don't have any offsets in the measurement).

I cannot remember the pins from the top of my head, but you can get them here - http://www.villacarlota.net/volvo/motronicsuite/Volvo Motronic 4.4.pdf from page 7 onwards

Regarding formulas for the WB and MAP sensor measurement, you can simply edit the ADX file in TunerPro and set up your personal calculations there.

Just an example picture from the web, with a MAP sensor mounted on the PCB :

Name:  1456487_10152118999788156_167843476_n.jpg Views: 0 Size:  86.1 KB

Edited by Midnight Caller

Hey buddy i apreciate your response . Im not trying to skip its just that i cant understand how are you guys coming up with those formulas for the map and the O2  im trying to wrap my head on it. Thanks for this file its very usefull i got all the pins that i need. What is that small switch for bud ?  Ya so the only thing that remains for me  is to figure those formulas and try to find how can i adjust the launch control because i cant find anything in the bin file . Thank you .

Edited by Iksan

Here's one more thing that helped me through the formulas (the Motronic scaling). The rest is just converting what is measured (for example kPa) to what you want to be measured (for example PSI)

Regarding the switch, from what I've read on the forum where I've taken this picture from, it's probably been used for switching to normal / programming mode to be able to reflash it in the car. I've done pretty the same thing (included a switch in the ECU) but also added a step-up voltage converter so I can apply 16V on the programming enable pin.

M44-scaling-RAM.pdf

Edited by Midnight Caller

A yes i saw that in the wiki page under Flashing in the Car. Awesome . Do you know what parameters i need to alter in order to adjust the Launch control in the 608-Rev5 bin file buddy ?

5 hours ago, Iksan said:

..the only thing that remains for me  is to figure those formulas..

FYI: I did a little write-up on how to figure out those formulas; converting volts to bit can be confusing for sure.  :a-farmboy:

www.volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/159506-tuners-rejoice-free-tuning-for-m44/?do=findComment&comment=2431917

Edited by gdog
  • Like 1