Tightmopedman9

Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Hot pants just took a look,

Afrs look great on rev4, right around 12.5 for max power, though they do get pretty rich in the high rpm high 11s, probably because at that point the turbo is out of its efficiency range.

With that MAF housing it looks like the sensing element is pretty far off center. This can cause erratic readings since the sensor will measure air velocity closer to the wall then the center. The air at the wall is more turbulent due to skin friction and is less indicative of the average velocity going through the whole tube.

With that MAF housing it looks like the sensing element is pretty far off center. This can cause erratic readings since the sensor will measure air velocity closer to the wall then the center. The air at the wall is more turbulent due to skin friction and is less indicative of the average velocity going through the whole tube.

That's all good ;) its all adjustable ;)

:lol: I have some pinks at work just hanging around because they were pink. Hell wifey has 2 in her car on the floor I think >.< did not realize the flow rate on them.

I have so much reading to do, stopped when this was at 30 pages... now its at 71 O.o

:lol: I have some pinks at work just hanging around because they were pink. Hell wifey has 2 in her car on the floor I think >.< did not realize the flow rate on them.

I have so much reading to do, stopped when this was at 30 pages... now its at 71 O.o

Yeah I know the feeling lol

Im going to make myself a how to / help out of this thread starting from page 1. Sorta like a recap/how to and a q/a From everything thats been covered.

Ill up it to the wiki once im done if you guys would like.

Been doing a lot of searching through the DAMOS to figure out why I have such erratic AFRs at part load/cruising. I've gone through 4 sets of injectors and about 15+ maps on each set. I've been unable to keep my AFR within a .3 margin, usually it will vary all the way from low 12's-16's. Adjusting the 'VE' table has not gotten me the results I want, thus the investigation.

I talked to an ME7 veteran and he said that KFLF (what is labeled as the VE table in tunerpro) is actually related to IOT, injector opening time, and is not a direct fuel correction table. I have a lot more to say about this, but it's late now. I'll give updates on what I find out.

That was what I was thinking.

Logical way in my opinion would be:

- Injector map where at any given RPM and TP/Load there is a standard injector time.

- This value is corrected by the LFT and SFT

- This value is corrected by the temperature and more "correction sensors".

- The Lambda sensor checks the AFR (so there must also be a value or map to compare the Lambda input) and writes back a SFT and LFT..

- Back to the beginning.

The Turbo control works the roughly same:

Again in my opinion:

- TCV Duty cycle map with the standard duty cycle for the TCV

- Maybe there is a "Turbo Trim" value somewhere in the code to have a "standard" correction factor.

- This value is corrected by al the same "correction sensors" as in fueling.

- TCV duty cycle is send to TCV.

- MAF sensor reads the actual airflow and compares that value with the Target Load Setpoint map and adjusts according to reading or writes back a "Turbo Trim" value

There are more factors/Maps that adjust the above like Knock Control but basically this seems the most logical way to go.

This gave me the idea of running full closed loop fueling with a wide band Lambda Sensor. (and a bit of programming...)

I don't know if the ECU is fast enough to do this but doesn't seems to difficult...

Rob, hows your car running with the new motor?

Rod

:lol: less clacking for sure ;)

But the tune is all wrong for what I want and need, i hit 10-11s / RICH on my wideband while under heavy throttle not even at wot.

Even when I had the old engine in there it did the same thing. I expected it to run a little rich since I have an auto ecu with a manual RN, but its running a little too rich for my tastes, and leaning out in other areas. Once I figure it out ill tune up a file and tweak it till its good, ordered the cable last night.

That's not stock flow rate (on the ones Martijn posted). FiveOmotors has them (any color) set to whatever flow rate they want. Can't speak for Hybriduno - I don't recall him posting where they came from.

Been doing a lot of searching through the DAMOS to figure out why I have such erratic AFRs at part load/cruising. I've gone through 4 sets of injectors and about 15+ maps on each set. I've been unable to keep my AFR within a .3 margin, usually it will vary all the way from low 12's-16's. Adjusting the 'VE' table has not gotten me the results I want, thus the investigation.

I talked to an ME7 veteran and he said that KFLF (what is labeled as the VE table in tunerpro) is actually related to IOT, injector opening time, and is not a direct fuel correction table. I have a lot more to say about this, but it's late now. I'll give updates on what I find out.

All Bosch injectors? They only time I had erratic idle and cruise AFR's was with Siemens injectors.

All Bosch injectors? They only time I had erratic idle and cruise AFR's was with Siemens injectors.

Re-manned Bosch EV3, Siemens Deka IV, Greens and Bosch EV14s.

I got my Siemens running just fine, they just have a considerably different voltage offset (which TT can't adjust) and they have a high, minimum latency. If you set both of those correctly they work just fine.

My 1700cc Bosch had exactly the same offset as stock injectors or whatever is in the stock tune. Since most OEM BOSCH High Z injectors seem to work with TT I bet that all have the same voltage offset.

At least for our application.

Edited by fischmama