Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I've read that the Trionic ecu can be fitted with 29f chips and the binary converted to a srecord format to be flashed to the chip. Is this possible with the 8051?

Trionic is using a Motorola processor that can be controlled in Background Debug Mode using special software and interface.

The special software is just using the S-record format to store/retrieve binary data on the PC. The software could have been written to use plain binary, HEX, or any other kind of format.

8051 does not have a Background Debug Mode and cannot be controlled externally.

Trionic is using a Motorola processor that can be controlled in Background Debug Mode using special software and interface.

The special software is just using the S-record format to store/retrieve binary data on the PC. The software could have been written to use plain binary, HEX, or any other kind of format.

8051 does not have a Background Debug Mode and cannot be controlled externally.

Ah, I did blunder in without doing some research. Oh well, 28f it is then :)

Do you have any contact info for him?

Several people doing some deep volvo research have vanished.

For example Olaf from hackingvolvo.blogspot.com and we R obsessed on swedespeed.

Hopefully they are just dating supercool ladies with no time left for the geek stuff.

Nope I didnt get any contact info from him. Im sure hes just busy with work and the holidays, etc.

His profile says the last time he was on was Nov 9th...

Hmm.

Mercuric, if you're out there just pop in for a few minutes!

Edited by Simply Volvo

Well, tried rev 4 today. The car pulls along awesome but I am still getting timing pull occasionally. It's strange, sometimes it takes off and goes like a rocket, others it starts to then it just feels like you hit a wall and it slows considerably. Watching the afr's while this happens when it runs good i am mid to high 11's at wot throughout third, but when It runs bad it starts off with those afr's and as soon as it feels like you hit the wall it goes to mid 10's. I can only assume this is fuel enrichment due to knock detection? I am going to check a few extra things on my car to make sure it is running perfect because I feel like the tune is there but something about my car in particular is throwing it off. At idle i get about 6-7psi of vacuum and off throttle cruising i can get it up to about 10, to me the car seems to run fine but those numbers seem low to me so I am going to try replacing the brake booster line as that is the only thing I haven't yet. The only other thing I can guess is that my cam timing is off, the car is a complete dog until about 3500rpm and then it goes bananas. Might be some room for improvement. Also I can't get launch control to work with rev4, I used the rev 6 xdf and rev4 bin, and enabled it and set the parameters same as in the rev 6 bin, but no bueno. I also set up a high idle map to idle at 2000 rpm until coolant temp reaches 10 degrees celsius but it has not been cold enough yet to see if it works. Anyway thats all I have for now, I will try and get a log soon to post up but like I say I'm pretty positive that something in my car is amiss seeing as it does work sometimes and when it does it works well. Thanks everyone and merry late christmas! cheers,

Billy

Okay, I need to ask for help. I was having trouble connecting to the ECU to flash the initial modified .bin file so I bought the exact cable shown here that all you guys are using but I still can't flash. I have the flasher tool set to com1 and the cable set to com1 in the device manager. I tried changing the latency timer to 25ms but it didn't helo, I also tried setting the flow control to hardware with no change. I have the car ignition in Pos 2 with a 10A charger on the battery, measuring 14.8 volts across the battery when it's charging. What should I be doing to get this to work?

Here what I see when I try to flash, sorry for the terrible pictures.

IMG_20140103_142603_025.jpg

Here are my Device Manager settings

IMG_20140103_142603_025.jpg

IMG_20140103_142713_987.jpg