Zimmerman V. Florida

Show me then. Show me recent stories in the US, where young black law abiding males were targeted and killed. He's making it seem like that's this huge current issue in the US. I don't think that's the case. I think the majority of these shootings are made to seem like the victim was this innocent angel, and people get fired up. Then we find out that both parties played a role.

PS, both times I said "racist" was a joke. But people are too sensitive, which adds to the explosion.

PPS, it goes the same with any race. Act or dress like a thug/punk, get treated like one.

How many times have you been pulled over since you started dressing like a professional young man? Ever asked a black man how many times he gets pulled over for no reason?

I've been pulled over 4 times in my life. Two of them were for traffic violations I knew I had committed. The other two were beacause I was driving a car that was similar to another that the police were looking for.

I'll tell you my own story. 1995, I'm driving across country back from school in my little white Honda civic hatch. We're in the middle of Nebraska on I-80. I'm doing ~70 MPH as is most of the rest of traffic (speed limit at the time was 65 MPH). I pull up along side a big yellow 90's Cadillac DeVille. It's being driven by two young brothers about the same age as me, maybe a little older (mid 20s). Driver has a red bandana on his head and some chains around his neck. He's got a bit of the gangster look going on.

We cruise along passing one another for the next 15-20 miles driving through the corn fields. Then out of nowhere I see a State trooper come over the hill behind us. Both of us slow down. I pull ahead of the Cadillac to let the trooper pass. He drives slowly past both of us then slows down. I watch him in the rear view mirror and declare to myself, there's no question he's going to pull those two over. Even though, he had no reason to do so other than the fact that you've got two brothers in a fancy car driving in the middle of Nebraska.

And that's exactly what happened. Maybe the car was stolen. Maybe there was a warrant out for the two of them. Maybe they were just two young guys like me driving home only they happened to be in a more expensive car and they were dressed like gangsters.

This happens all the time. There's a reason why it's called driving while black. And it's not just about young men who dress like thugs.

What about Amadou Diallo? Patrick Dorismond? Ousmane Zongo? Timothy Stansbury? Sean Bell? Orlando Barlow? Oscar Grant? Aaron Campbell? Try Stephen Eugene Washington - that one is an absolute travesty. Robbie Tolan fits your description perfectly.

I mean there's a long list of men who were often confronted by plainclothes police men who often didn't identify themselves upfront and therefore why would you be surprised if the victim responded with fright in an attempt to run? And some of them were already on the ground on their knees and still were shot.

Alain? The dumbed down Malcom x is being hurtful again.

:lol:

I don't know Gary - maybe we should set up a cage match for you and Darnell. It seems to me you're evenly matched in wits, I don't know about strength though. I've met Darnell in person, he would crush me with his bear hug.

How about you both call it even and put your guns quills keyboard barbs away and we all play nice?

The President just put his two cents into the fray with a more complete statement on why he feels the black community is responding the way they have to the verdict:

Alain? The dumbed down Malcom x is being hurtful again.

Dear Father,

I understand that social media isn't the best forum to air our families dirty laundry, however, I must confess that I am still struggling with my duality.

For example, the black side of me finds it extremely perplexing to see that I ejaculate white semen...

while the white side of me is equally perplexed to admit that I really do like big butts and a smile...

Please advise.

Your loving son,

S8ET6

Justin, the difference between them just to name a couple is that there was video of the incident (so it's not a one sided story) and the victim lived long enough to provide a description of his encounter with the assailants. We wouldn't be having this discussion if video showed what actually happened between Zimmerman and Martin.

- 91% of homicides among African Americans are the result of black on black crime (see FBI statistics on sex/race of offender & victim here)

- 83% of homicides among whites are the result of white on white crime (drawing no conclusions here, just stating facts)

So who is killing all these young black men that apparently it is open season on now that the verdict came through in this case?

9 times out of 10 it's someone who looks exactly like this boy:

071313-national-zimmerman-verdict-protes

This is not a game of War (the card game) where the objective is to see who can amass the highest body count. Just as Obama said, don't deny that there is a historical basis for the outrage being expressed by the African American community. BUT, also remember that context includes the realization of the above fact.

...In families and churches and workplaces, there’s a possibility that people are a little bit more honest, and at least you ask yourself your own questions about, am I wringing as much bias out of myself as I can; am I judging people, as much as I can, based on not the color of their skin but the content of their character? That would, I think, be an appropriate exercise in the wake of this tragedy.

• Upvote 1

Ok... my understanding of this case is somewhat limited because I try not to give VNR type news my attention.

Generally speaking though, had the gun gone off and the latino guy was killed... do you think that it would have made it past the local news?? I highly highly doubt it. Thus why I try to avoid VNR's... because it's completely designed to put us at odds when we normally wouldn't be.

While I like any chance to post meme's in other people's heated discussions, it does cause me to wonder if this case never existed as we know it today, would Darnell and Gary hang out and high five if they met each other?? I would be willing to bet so.

Anywho... back to your regularly scheduled racism! Stay divided, America!!!

mlk1-meme-generator-pew-pew-pew-take-tha

While I like any chance to post meme's in other people's heated discussions, it does cause me to wonder if this case never existed as we know it today, would Darnell and Gary hang out and high five if they met each other?? I would be willing to bet so.

Why would you say that?

I could see us hanging out having several beers - what did you think that I meant when I mentioned the male bonding?

Gary, We're all good aren't we?

Yes or No?

I have no issue with you at all my brother from another mother. ;) We disagree on this issue. Thats all it is to me.

Why would you say that?

I could see us hanging out having several beers - what did you think that I meant when I mentioned the male bonding?

Gary, We're all good aren't we?

Yes or No?

See, just a disagreement between 2 guys who don't see an issue the same way and they aren't shooting each other..

Simple.

Just don't let the media hear about this..they'll be confused.

If I was on my laptop I'd post a link to "Ebony and Ivory"..but you can all sing it to yourselves.