Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Volvo5.0

Obx Exhaust - Get 'em While They Last

The price has gone up, but the kits are available again.... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=obx+volvo+850&_sop=10 Still not a bad deal considering the kit comes with both straight and angled downpipes and you can recoup about $150 by selling the downpipe that you don't need.

My advice though, if you have any thoughts of ever changing turbos, hold onto the angle flange downpipe :) My son sold his angle downpipe when he bought his OBX kit a couple of years ago, and now his graduation present has been sitting on an engine stand for about a month while we looked for a DP. I saw the kits pop up last night and ordered one, even though all he needs is the DP .....

20130621_184719_zpscced4444.jpg

Oh gawd damn it! Of course I just blew my money on other shit. Every friggen time!

Arg!

Oh well. Maybe I'm just not meant to get an OBX.

They didn't have the kits when I emailed them last, even though the website listed it "in stock"

That is how much I paid for the 3 sets I've bought over the last few years. If anyone is looking it might be worth checking with them again to see if they now have them in stock.

Oh gawd damn it! Of course I just blew my money on other shit. Every friggen time!

Arg!

Oh well. Maybe I'm just not meant to get an OBX.

Damn that sucks... Don't give up though! OBX's are sick, I appreciate mine every time I drive :)

That one on ebay is way too spensive. I'd go custom before I spent all that coin. I did call Sparktec earlier this week, and he said a container was due to arrive this week, but he wasn't even sure how many he would get/if any from that shipment. :mellow: If he doens't get any, I'm just going with a Yother flange and some pre-bent pipes.

That one on ebay is way too spensive.

Really? $275-300 (after selling DP and scrapping cat) is too much for a full bolt on stainless system?

That one on ebay is way too spensive. I'd go custom before I spent all that coin. I did call Sparktec earlier this week, and he said a container was due to arrive this week, but he wasn't even sure how many he would get/if any from that shipment. :mellow: If he doens't get any, I'm just going with a Yother flange and some pre-bent pipes.

I wonder if spartec is going to do the price raise... Supposedly it's an obx ordered price raise from 350 to 450.

F* that. They don't supply enough of them ever, than decide to raise the price $100.

I'm going the custom route, with better quality materials and an Magnaflow. Probably get it for around the same price if not just a tad more and not trip over the damn tail pipe.

Really? $275-300 (after selling DP and scrapping cat) is too much for a full bolt on stainless system?

$534 including shipping. Just my opinion on the price though. The nearest scrapper to me is 40+ miles away. Even selling the spare pipe, that's about $380~. Still not bad, but seeing other online dealers $100 less makes that auction a tough one to swallow.

I just want the DP :(

If I order mine I'll sell you the straight dp. I'll let you know.

534-150-115 = $269 bolt on isn't too bad

It's frustrating, Sparktec refunded my money since the product is on backorder. I did the "best offer" thing on Ebay and my offer of $410 was declined, WTF?

Anyone know a good exhaust shop in the DC metro?

Just a heads up, the ebay seller racing parts depot has a website and you can save $20 by going through the website. That's what I did...