Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Volvo5.0

Obx Exhaust - Get 'em While They Last

F* that. They don't supply enough of them ever, than decide to raise the price $100.

I'm going the custom route, with better quality materials and an Magnaflow. Probably get it for around the same price if not just a tad more and not trip over the damn tail pipe.

Custom can be a rough road in California if you can't DIY. Shops are pretty much restricted to replacing with OEM stuff to keep with smog laws.

DIY is the story of my life. What I don't know how to do, I will learn. Just taught my self how to weld yesterday and have a buddy who has experience to help when needed. Built, not bought.

DIY is the story of my life. What I don't know how to do, I will learn. Just taught my self how to weld yesterday and have a buddy who has experience to help when needed. Built, not bought.

Excellent, I've got a gas welder, stick, and I'm sure one of these days when I need it, I'll get some sort of wire welder. I'm getting so many damn tools, it's getting to a trade off on space to use them!

I just want the DP :(

Does holly know about this??

$534 including shipping. Just my opinion on the price though. The nearest scrapper to me is 40+ miles away. Even selling the spare pipe, that's about $380~. Still not bad, but seeing other online dealers $100 less makes that auction a tough one to swallow.

You can mail out your cat to be scrapped... So still end cost is under $300! Thats a good deal no matter how you slice it.

And personally I'd way rather have OBX or iPd than custom. Custom means you have to trust a shop to work on it and theres a good chance it won't be mandrel bent, plus usually they are all welded up with no V band flanges to separate the pieces when you want to.

You can mail out your cat to be scrapped... So still end cost is under $300! Thats a good deal no matter how you slice it.

And personally I'd way rather have OBX or iPd than custom. Custom means you have to trust a shop to work on it and theres a good chance it won't be mandrel bent, plus usually they are all welded up with no V band flanges to separate the pieces when you want to.

Just get them to put a v-band where you need it. And confirm they do mandrel bending when you call to set up an appointment. I got mine done for around 400. Obx is cool, but Ipd's is so expensive. It's just piping. I mean custom is a good alternative if you don't feel like laying on your back all day and don't want to shell out 1000 for metal pipes. I usually do everything myself, but sitting in the air conditioned shop for an hour or two not having to lay under the car all day was worth it.

Does anyone know if the OBX DP will work on my 99 V70 R???

Does anyone know if the OBX DP will work on my 99 V70 R???

it will not

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. :)

This may be alil late, but fyi in case anyone clicks on this, there IS a system for AWD out there. Forgot who makes it, but there is at lwast 1 brand of dual rear exit available... looks sick on those cars.

Thanks for bumping.

Dammm didnt know they cost that much. So glad I picked mine up years ago. Locally you can get nice custom exhausts made much cheaper then what obx is at now. So when it comes to it I think the wifes will get a custom.

All you really want is the Down Pipe anyway

Amazon has compatible OBX exhaust available I think there are like five in stock.