Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tightmopedman9

Who's Ready For Some Tunes?

Still exploring other more immediate options, just want to get the car on the road to start, really need to find a dealer who can help me out or someone with VIDA/DICE and an active subscription

Not sure what you expect a dealer or whoever to do... VIDA will not load European manual trans software into an American car and most certainly won't do any kind of tuning.

Not sure what you expect a dealer or whoever to do... VIDA will not load European manual trans software into an American car and most certainly won't do any kind of tuning.

If you've never worked with an S40 you don't know that they're the only model that VIDA for some reason can't pull the VIN off, you have to input it manually each time, if you were going to reboot the software you would have to enter the VIN to obtain it, this is where you switch the 9th digit from a 1 signifying auto trans to a 2 signifying manual trans. At this point it would load the stock manual tune for that car. I have someone who is willing to do it but we've been unable to line up schedules and he's about 90 min from me

You're right, it won't pull the VIN... but it will pull the ECM's serial and part numbers, which will not match up. Not to mention that VIDA will not normally allow an American dealer to download european software, separate servers or some such. We ran into major issues when we had to do updates on a european diplomat's car that was here for service, tech had to call and get special access.

Try it, let us know, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up too high.

I had a dyno weekend scheduled a few months ago. Unfortunately the participating cars were grossly misrepresented (all in poor mechanical upkeep) and I didn't get any worthwhile numbers. Therefore, I can't give you any solid numbers. However, I can guarantee that no other tune will give you as much power. This is due to the fact that the timing and fuel maps will be dialed in 100% to your setup. With an off the shelf tune either the timing is severely retarded to prevent ignition pull from knock, or it isn't, resulting in even lower ignition timing due to knock.

Where do the stock M4.4 ECUs tend to be between the two extremes of ignition timing? If 91 octane fuel is used, would the stock ECU tend to pull timing at high load, or does detonation usually not arise unless boost is increased beyond stock values?

Just bumping this lovely bit of thread.

My set up comes in today and I cannot wait, all the work that's gone into the car in the last week makes today worth it.

I see lots of expressed interest (me too) in this product over the many months this has been offered. Is there a separate thread somewhere where purchasers discuss their actual post-purchase impressions/experiences with these tunes?

I just started a thread in 'Vendor Reviews'. I'm also in the process of launching a website, it should be up in a week or so. Please PM if you'd like a link now.

Just curious. Not trying to be an ass or anything, but are you going to become an official Vendor on the site? I recognize you are offering a great service that has and will be helping a lot of people get the most out of their cars, but I am sure you arn't just doing it for shits and giggles. I would think it would be a good idea to support the site, since I am guessing this is where a good majority of your business is coming from.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/store/

Just curious. Not trying to be an ass or anything, but are you going to become an official Vendor on the site? I recognize you are offering a great service that has and will be helping a lot of people get the most out of their cars, but I am sure you arn't just doing it for shits and giggles. I would think it would be a good idea to support the site, since I am guessing this is where a good majority of your business is coming from.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/store/

I've been in a discussion with Chuck about this. Vendor status coming soon.

If we purchased an ECU from you with a stock tune could we then tune it ourselves w/ tunerpro as we modified things or have you locked out that feature for commercial use? I have been following the adventures on the m4.4 tuning thread and would like to have that option if possible.

I can offer a hardware modified M4.4 ECU that you could tune yourself. If you're interested you can PM me.