Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boxpin

Boxpin's Build

Didnt get very much done today. Only loaded the pistons onto the rods and double checked the ring end gaps.

677F649E-8438-4C19-BF95-F671D43D1DBA_zps

3D5C91D3-ED42-498B-9641-AD9F6A39DD55_zps

C41B52DD-86A7-4EA7-BE2F-F3BF240DDCE1_zps

2DCC66C8-809D-40AE-ABAE-FCDC6EB401EF_zps

C0910006-D808-4451-A446-7C0BC0BDFDC7_zps

Do you just slide them in the top, bolt them to the crank...boom done?

By the way, hoping it works out for you this time around!

It looks great so far. Do you need special tools to put the rings on the pistons? Any special steps when installing the rods and pistons? Like do you check the ring gap?

Do you need special tools to put the rings on the pistons?

A pair of piston ring pliers will help prevent breaking the rings but I've slipped rings on without them. I don't suggest doing it that way personally. You really risk breaking rings without the pliers.

ringplyers2.gif

A pair of piston ring pliers will help prevent breaking the rings but I've slipped rings on without them. I don't suggest doing it that way personally. You really risk breaking rings without the pliers.

ringplyers2.gif

i have one of those plier but for some reason it was harder to used the plier than just to slide them on.

Where'd you get the sputter bearings?

Rock auto has them. He linked the previous thread, which has the link to rock auto

Do you guys check the ring gap and grind the rings if need be or do you just put them on the pistons as is?

There are specific measurements that the ring gaps go by. Its the bore size x <application chart>. Each ring is measured and ground for the cylinder its assigned to. The chart below is from Wiseco. I paid to have mine done but after getting them home and double checking the gaps, cylinders 1 and 3 had to be touched one more time.

58-Ringgapchart_zps8ef514e0.jpg

Do those pistons have an offset pin?

They dont.

Boxpin,

Just want to double check with you, the Clutchnet 6 puck part number is - 6BS21131?

and any link where you get your Sachs 707?

thank you

Aaron, you know where im heading right?.... :)