Sign in to follow this  
Blockpartie

Flip Key Conversion For X70 & X40

Some of you guys know I got one thru Amazon for $16.

I'd like to know more about making this work with +99 cars that doesn't require bypassing the immobilizer or cutting the chip out of the current key. Could a real Volvo flip key w/immobilizer be used in this conversion housing?

The P80 and P2 key chips are not compatible, so, even if this housing could accept the OEM flip blade w/ chip, it wouldn't work.

So how do I get the chip out? Anyone have pix of this? I don't want to hack up my key in risk of damaging the chip, might get one from the junkyard to open first before I do mine.

I've got 2 and if I have this flip it I still will if it works. I'm not sure I want to bypass it. I like people not being able to steal it... Not that anyone wants an old '00R, atleast out side of every member on this board... :P

I picked up one of the three button remotes from some place in China. All the guts of my remote swapped perfectly over (no panic button though) I also cut apart one of the two keys I have to extract the chip, which then slid perfectly into a slot in the new flip remote. To replace the battery I will need to disassemble the remote, but really, I think it's one screw, so it doesn't bother me.

Going over to try and get it cut today.

15031146696_daf36f1ff1_c.jpg

• Upvote 2

Why didn't you get the 4 botton? How did you cut up the key to get the chip out? Thru the center or sides?

When I ordered it I think I decided I liked the 3 button more and my thought was that I've never used a panic button in my life.

I used a sharp box cutter razor blade and then shaved of a little at a time from one corner.

The chip for my '99 looked like this

Blank-Unlock-PCF7935AS-ID44-T15-transpon

and it's located here

immobilizer-chip-key-extraction-14.jpg

Once you get to this point, the chip will slide right out.

• Upvote 1

ehh this is pretty cool but still it has the shitty D link set up where the link streches and ur key falls off all the time!

That looks fairly easy to do. I'll more then likely use the key that has the most wear on it.

Now just gotta get Howard to cut me a key. Knew I should have given it to you this weekend.. :rolleyes: When you up this way again? :ph34r:

That looks fairly easy to do. I'll more then likely use the key that has the most wear on it.

Now just gotta get Howard to cut me a key. Knew I should have given it to you this weekend.. :rolleyes: When you up this way again? :ph34r:

Carlisle :mellow:

Just got mine cut. Dealer charged me $5 and it works perfectly.

• Upvote 1

Carlisle :mellow:

How bout it I have another R-BQ? :P

Just got mine cut. Dealer charged me $5 and it works perfectly.

My dealer will more then likely not be that cheap. :ph34r:

Can the uncut key from the OP's kit be cut by the typical hardware store's key equipment?

Can the uncut key from the OP's kit be cut by the typical hardware store's key equipment?

Most will not cut a key like ours because of the thickness.

At least I have yet to find an Ace hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, that will cut it.

My local dealership gets about $5-$8 to cut a key and that includes the fob for my 98.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SeanT
      Bare with me guys, but I'm not a genius when it comes to some of this stuff. But please read this entire thing to understand what I need:

I went to the junkyard today and got extremely lucky. A 'new' 2004 C70 came in and it's got some goodies that I'm interested in putting in my S70. It has the center speaker dash and the SC-901 headunit that I want in my car ASAP.

First off, I made the mistake of buying an aftermarket headunit which has a terrible FM receiver (JVC KW-HDR81BT). So I was recommended the SC-901 and it has some very cool features that my old SC-816 can't even compete with. But from my understanding, the old SC-816 and my current JVC unit have built in amplifiers to power the stereo system, while the SC-901 does not. So would I need a 4x50 or 4x100 watt amp to install into my S70? If so, I can probably rip it out of the junked C70. (I'm not sure what amps the C70's use)

Besides that, I still want the features of listening to music off my phone with the SC-901 headunit. From what I've read, the only two available adapters are the Blitzsafe and the GROM that takes place of the 6-CD changer. Could anyone tell me which is better or which I should buy? I believe only the GROM supports bluetooth correct?

Lastly, for the center speaker dash, what must I perform to install this as a working speaker? Does it run into the factory wiring harness on the C70's or does it plug directly into the back of the SC-901 separately? If it's the wiring harness, how could I wire it to the S70 wiring harness? Also, I've read that there is a dolby unit that needs to be in the vehicle to support the center speaker or something.

I just would greatly appreciate any clarification on this as I know there is not much information out there on this topic. Thanks in advance.
    • By smrks726
      Hi all,

I had a 1992 240, but have recently replaced it with a 1997 Volvo 850 GLT. I can tell the turbo needs to be rebuilt because I am getting oil in my inner cooler. Since I will be doing the work myself already, I am considering upgrading, but I don't want to break the bank.

It has a 2.4L B5254T engine and is a FWD Automatic. I have done a good amount of searching on the "interwebs." (too much misinformation) It seems I currently have a 13T or the low pressure turbo.

I have read that this engine will handle as much as 10 - 14 psi in boost. A 16T seems to max out at 18 psi and has an exducer which is the same size as the 13T in my car (Should be direct bolt on); this should have no more than a 8 psi waste gate. I cannot find the link, but I also read that 8psi should be safe with a stock tune. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good ecu flasher that is not extortionate?
      http://turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225576

I have found other turbos and kits which use the standard T3 flange and have read that this should be interchangeable. Since I am going for value for money mod, would I be best just going with a 16T?
      http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=10961

I also plan on a turbo back exhaust soon too
      http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/ex11111.html
      Additionally, I read that the 16G would work in place of the 16T, but am not too sure on that...
      http://www.___.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54573
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/180811185917?item=180811185917&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Any insight or advice that you can add would be greatly appreciated!

• By XC60RMOD
      Thought I would share the latest mods to my 2013 XC60 RDesign. This is the third mod I have done to a Volvo and it's my favourite. Start with an RDesign with a Polestar upgrade - add all the Heico suspension kits and sport exhaust with flapper control - add a IPD sway bar - add 8 piston Brembo front brakes - track out the wheels by 15mm and finish them off with 20" Giovanna rims. You have a clean looking vehicle with amazing performance.

• By hk20000
      My 1997 Volvo 850 wagon has some really tired suspension, and on top of that the car originally came with Nivomat self-leveling system.

Now I don't really need a self leveling unit I don't carry a lot on a regular basis, and a Nivomat shock costs $270 a pop from rockauto. If I do that I might as well get a set of springs and some high performance shocks to refresh the suspension components and give it a nice drop while we are there. The Nivomat shocks themelves have a really strong rebound and it's part of what props the car up in wagons so equipped. It's supposed to sag less than 1" even when loaded with 300lb of load in the boot. That means if I just replace my dampers the springs alone will not be able to prop the car up, and the rear will sag a lot. In order to remove the Nivomat system from a wagon, a set of non-nivomat coil springs will also be installed. Since it's impossible to buy 1 pair of springs I'm stuck to buying a set of springs. And therefore might as well replace all 4 shock absorbers.

What kind of options do I have for this wagon? I want to know if there are some Volvo-specific brands I should also look out for.

From Tire Rack alone there are the following options:
      Eibach Pro springs
      H&R Sport springs
      Koni Sport dampers
      Koni FSD dampers
      Koni FSD dampers and springs set
      Koni STR street struts
      KYB gas-a-shock OEM replacement
      KYB GR-2 / Excel G shock
      Bilstein HD shocks
      Bilstein Touring Class

If I want heavy duty daily use on rougher paved roads and retain OEM-like comfort but with enhanced cornering and highway stability, which combination would you recommend? Discuss.
    • By Skyshadow
      So after having my car for about 2 years now I'm ready for an upgrade on the turbo and exhaust. Ive been running an ARD green tune on my car for about a year with great success and have been loving it but I crave a little more power. Been saving a little and finally ready to pull the trigger (girlfriend agrees and supports me!! YES!! ) I plan on getting married in the next year or two so I'm saving the engine build or RN swap and LSD for later in life. So I'm posting my plans for you guys to judge and tell me what you think. I have a budget of about $1000 for this so here we go. The car is my DD (green t5m) and needs to stay fairly reliable. Its pretty much stage zero save for needing a clutch slave cylinder (stupid hard pedal lol) I'm would like to be between 300-340 BHP depending if I add any other mods. It sits at just over 150k now.

Exhaust- OBX turbo-back exhaust probably going to use the angled flange down-pipe and sell the straight, going cat-less as well. Here I dont see any other option as most people like this exhaust and I'm not spending +$700 at an exhaust shop for a custom one. plus I make back about $100 from the other down-pipe. Any other suggestions would be welcome here though.

Injectors- Blues, I really dont think I need higher flowing than this but correct me if I'm wrong. I already have some ready to go, so no cost to me here.

Tune- I am going to get my Green ecu re-tuned to Blue maybe a rear o2 delete as well as have lucky look over my other current mods. If anyone knows the cost of a re-tune that would be great. Ive heard its no more than $150

Turbo- After asking around I feel the most cost effective option would be a 19T and from looking around It seems I would be able to achieve my goals with it without too much trouble. But I also like the k24 (I know I would have to run custom oil and coolant lines which doesn't seem TOO difficult but anyone who has done one please chime in) and some people prefer it over the 19T. It really comes down to price and availability. I dont really know of any other options without an extreme amount of custom work and or drastically reducing my reliability but if there are any feel free to post.

I may plan to add a FMIC if funds allow and and if I come into any extra money over the course of things.

So please, voice your opinions and tell me what you think, you guys (and gals) have never steered me wrong before!