Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamdrives

Roof Strips

Hi all, I'm looking for the roof strips that run along each side of the roof. On the 850s they get crappy and flaky but on the v70s they are a lot more durable rubber. I don't know if this part can withstand shipping but let me know if you have some. Thank you!

They're just flaking, and I know I like the x70s more. Plasti dip may be an option if nothing else works out. Have you done that?

As far as shipping, are they at all flexible?

I personally do like the x70 ones better as well. They have the splash guards on the windshield and the finish is more durable.

I have the x70 on one car and have plasti-dipped ones on the other. I keep forgetting to grab a set when at the JY. I would think they would not be cost effective to ship. You would need a big picture tube to safely ship them. They are flexible, but once you bend them it is hard to get them back to the shape they need to be.

Your best bet is to try to find some local at a JY or maybe someone parting a car.

They're flexible just because they bend so easy. And once they're bent your a sol sob

If you want splash guards im pretty sure they transfer over. At least I hope.

I have a set from a 2000 V70 GLT. They were replaced by rails off an XC. The XC rails were successfully shipped. Not so sure about the flat strips but you're welcome to them. Just taking up space in the attic

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and try Harry's in Hazelton. Anybody have any idea what they will charge for a part like this? Shot in the dark, I'd just like to be prepared. Thanks all for your input. Soon I'll be posting pics of my progress with the interior.

I have shipped sedan strips before by fedex in a 2" x 4" x about 115" package, with an old piece of copper pipe to stiffen them. Wagon strips are too long, they exceed 130". Strips with rain diverters were used on 70 series and 97 850"s.

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and try Harry's in Hazelton. Anybody have any idea what they will charge for a part like this? Shot in the dark, I'd just like to be prepared. Thanks all for your input. Soon I'll be posting pics of my progress with the interior.

Iirc, it was like $40 for both pieces

I'm in Stroudsburg, I'll see if I can manage to go to Harry's tomorrow and see if they have any decent trim pieces

I have shipped sedan strips before by fedex in a 2" x 4" x about 115" package, with an old piece of copper pipe to stiffen them. Wagon strips are too long, they exceed 130". Strips with rain diverters were used on 70 series and 97 850"s.

Yeah, i have an 855.

Iirc, it was like $40 for both pieces

I'm in Stroudsburg, I'll see if I can manage to go to Harry's tomorrow and see if they have any decent trim pieces

That would be awesome. Thank you. I am also looking for tan seats in decent/good cond.

I will install the rack's on my 00 V70R and have the stripes out, where in NY are you?

My zipcodes are 10952 or 10960.