Location Of Evap Purge Valve On A 2004 Xc90 T6

2004_XC90_T6

Hi, I can't find the purge valve and either can the dealer. I ran a diagnostic at dealer and it says there is still an evap leak so the only major component likely to fail is the evap purge valve. The dealer did not know where the purge valve was because he pointed me to the selanoid 30670448 (other numbers: 12V 05T325, 7.22240.11). The part number the dealer gave me for the evap purge valve was this 8653908 (AND THAT CORRESPONDS WITH THIS PART) http://www.ipdusa.com/products/10266/121646-evap-purge-valve

The selanoid (using the number on the part 30670448) in my car looks like this: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/7150/113665-evap-purge-valve
So what part number do I need?
Where is the purge valve located?
Is the selanoid in fact the evap purge valve b/c it is in the general vicinity of where the part is supposed to be? Or is the evap purge valve somewhere else?
I have checked the fan shroud and the purge valve is nowhere to be seen. Does one need to remove the fan to find it?
Please help. I can't pass CA emissions!

Hello,

As Jon said, the canister purge valve is #23. Should be clipped to the outside of the fan shroud, shouldn't need to remove much to see it (maybe the "snorkel" that bolts to the core support, but that's all).

#4 is the canister shut-off valve/LDP.

Maybe a dumb question, but you did check the fuel cap seal, right? Is the current fault for a large or small evap leak?

Hope this helps,

Joe

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By nachobear
      I want to do an evap smoke test, this project keeps getting harder and harder. First I can't even locate where the vent solenoid on the car is. One person on the autozone chat told me it was called the EGR vacuum valve. I want to be able to know what this part looks like before looking for it as well.
      I think this part is also  called a shut of valve and or vent valve
    • By White Chocolate
      So I have a 2005 Volvo S80 2.5T AWD with 138,000 miles. Current on maintenance (i.e. fluids, filters, plugs, timing belt, etc.)
      About a month ago, I was driving. When I came to a stop, I felt a shudder and the car threw a code, P0101 Mass or Volume Airflow Performance Problem.
      I replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor and all seemed well for about a month.
      Yesterday, I was driving and all the sudden the car started vibrating and bucking and stalling and the check engine light came on with the display message Engine Service Required. I pulled over and pulled the codes. It was the same P0101.
      I was only about a mile from home so I restarted the car and tried to drive. Now it was out of control. It was really vibrating and bucking and the triangle turned red and the message changed to Reduced Engine Performance.
      Reduced I wished. It wouldn't even go above 3 - 5 miles an hour. And it would stall out completely. Only stopping and restarting would get it to go another few hundred feet. Needless to say, it was a pain getting home into the driveway.
      I reset the codes so I could start it again today to see if the same codes triggered.
      When I did a cold start, I knew something was wrong because instead of starting with a higher RPM (it was 32F this morning) it started at 600 - 700 RPM and stayed there.
      Anyway, here are the codes I pulled this morning:
      P0101 Mass or Volume Airflow Circuit Range / Performance Problem
      P0100 Mass or Volume Airflow Circuit
      P2402 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detect Pump Control Circuit High
      Any ideas, guys, on what I should look at next? As I said, the Mass Airflow Sensor is brand new. What should be my next step?
      I don't know anyone with VIDA and if I take it to the closest Volvo dealer (which is an hour away) I know I will be looking at $$$$. If there is anyone around the Pittsburgh / Monongahela / Belle Vernon area with VIDA/DICE I'd be grateful for any help.
      Any ideas on what my next troubleshooting step should be? I'm scared to even drive it for fear of it stalling out in traffic.
      The P0101 is the most recurring code it throws. The P2402 is new as of this morning.
      Thanks,
      Matt
    • By jefhon
      this is a file for help replacing the A/C evaporator on models 850/V70/S70.  it is in .pdf format. roger, over.
    • By Dbsilverton
      I have a 2005 Volvo s80 2.5T that has been sputtering during low RPM acceleration and idling rough (at around 1,000 RPMs).  I got an error code, P0496, and I suspected that the vapor canister purge valve was bad after talking with the guy at the parts store.  I went home and took a look at it to get an idea of what I was ordering before I looked for it online.  While I was looking at it, I noticed that the vacuum hose going into the intake manifold was badly dry rotted and spit almost the entire length of the hose.  I figured that might be the problem, so I went back to the parts store where I bought a new hose, and a can of Seafoam.  I put the hose on in the parking lot and I noticed right away that my car idled much more smoothly, this time around 750 RPMs.  I figured that my problems were over as it did not sputter at all on the way home.  I then proceeded to use the Seafoam, just as I have done in 1,000 cars before, but never this one.  I disconnected the vacuum line from the brake cylinder and used a clear hose to slowly suck out a third of the bottle over about a 5-10 minute period.  To be clear, it was sucking the Seafoam into the vapor canister purge valve from he right hand side as you face the car.  Yes, that was probably not the best place to insert the Seafoam, I know that now. I let it gradually suck in the fluid, very, very slowly as I always do.  Then I shut the engine off and waited 15 minutes.  While I waited I noticed that there was a fluid running out form under the car.  I smelled it, yup, Seafoam.  The purge valve has three nipples, the one that I put the Seafoam into, one straight across from it that goes into the intake manifold, and one on the bottom that goes into a little silver can, that I assume is the vapor canister.  The Seafoam is obviously leaking out somewhere at or around the purge valve canister(if that is what that silver thing is), but it is not leaking from the hose coming into it from he purge valve.  When I turned the car back on and test drove it, it ran fine, no sputtering, but also no smoke, which makes sense because the seafoam never made it to the engine.  Sorry for the long synopsis, but here is my question.  Is this supposed to happen because I was dumb enough to put the Seafoam in the wrong part of the system and the canister is designed to overflow? Or is there a leak in the canister that I just can't see?  I can't imagine that it is supposed to overflow, given that it is vacuum sealed system.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    • By corivus
      So I have failed my emissions test once before and failed the Hydrocarbon (HC), 15.00 out of 12.00, and Carbon Monoxide(CO), 20.00 out of 12.00, test but passed by Oxides of Nitrogen (NOX) with a 1.00 out of 2.00 . I found some pretty big vacuum leaks(its better to run a FULL silicone vacuum hose for any lines with the same length fitting apparently) and fixed all those now the car runs better. I also had a tear in my throttle body hose which I replaced and now its running a lot more proper. I read up and am going to clean the EGR system and Swap out the PVC setup with a brand new one I have sitting around, I carried over the last one which had like 20k miles on it. But is there anything else I should look at? With the NOX reading at 2.01 out of 2.00 I was doubting it would be the Catalytic Converter.

My reading
      HC: .29 out of .80
      CO: 7.56 out of 12.00
      NOX: 2.01 out of 2.00

The guy at the emissions place said to drive it around for a while and just get it tested on another lane but I don't want to keep throwing money away on tests to be honest and would like it to pass like it always does which is with flying colors.