Dougy's Sonic Blue 850

dougy

Awesome! And even more props for doing it the right way and painting the entire thing - leaving the trim etc.

Any connection to the license plate surround? that's a soar thumb to me...

Love the no R bumber too and 960 lip! Great work!

thank you , i appreciate those compliments...yeah my dad and uncle business of 40 years...they retired and closed shop couple months ago this year.

i worked there 23 years ago for couple of years as well.

80's 90's ...that was the shop to take your volvo ,mb , saab , bmw , jaguar , rolls , mg , afla , ferrari ect... within 50 miles radius.

Yeah. Same reason I'm asking so many questions. Parts of my brain see my car as "probably should part it/crush it" and the other parts say "paint it... saaaave it." This helps.

if you like ti and it will last at least 5 years ...keep it. if not drive it to the ground.

Quoted because you deserve it. Hot damn that's one good looking 854, love how you stayed true to the grey rub strips.

so here it is in daylight all done...I still have to do couple more minor things...get 2 fender trim clips, install windshield upper weather strip, take it back to have the spoiler buffed and couple of handles and wash out the buffing compound here and there but for now I got to get to my s60r exhaust housing 20g waste-gate boring out the for now. came out pretty nice to me. DSC08376_zps0aae0234.jpg DSC08377_zps36016815.jpg DSC08378_zpsf210f544.jpg DSC08379_zps170cb635.jpg DSC08380_zps8374686c.jpg DSC08381_zpse4e7deb8.jpg DSC08384_zpscd4d279d.jpg DSC08385_zpsaa279207.jpg DSC08386_zpse1ea8357.jpg DSC08387_zpsdb724643.jpg DSC08389_zps4696e5f7.jpg DSC08389_zps4696e5f7.jpg DSC08390_zps7be95644.jpg DSC08391_zpsd0e56cfb.jpgDSC08388_zps1be13ab7.jpg

I like the way u do things dougy. Thank you for not painting the trim. Wish it had an R bumper but then again it isn't my car.

Would you say those seats are more comfortable than 850r seats?

Thanks...the s80 are waaay more comfortable than 850r seats...but they are bisser over-all and you'll loose lill space and if your over 6'4 you might hit the headliner...lol.

Thanks...the s80 are waaay more comfortable than 850r seats...but they are bisser over-all and you'll loose lill space and if your over 6'4 you might hit the headliner...lol.

Quoted because you deserve it. Hot damn that's one good looking 854, love how you stayed true to the grey rub strips.

thank you !

Did you swap s80 rear seats in as well can't tell by pics

yes, just the bottom to match the fronts...it tight/hard to cram it in, but possible.

DSC07426_zpsaffcf7cd.jpg

Yeah. Same reason I'm asking so many questions. Parts of my brain see my car as "probably should part it/crush it" and the other parts say "paint it... saaaave it." This helps.

forgot all about front upper windowsill weatherstrip...so i installed that last night...used a thin double clear tape to put on the edge / inter lip over the newly painted channel...then filled in with 3m windshield weld and put that chopped of s80 weatherstrip...reason for the thin clear double tape , if i ever hate remove/replace windshield ,I 'll be able to simply peel the window weld of the painted edge and not cut and damage the new paint. it will never come/fly off and it is waaay better quality rubber than aftermarket stuff.

here it is all done.

DSC08397_zpsa00e0bd3.jpg

DSC08398_zps5e0e7069.jpg

• Upvote 3