On 12/25/2016 at 10:29 PM, lookforjoe said:

Whose is the 500? Is it an Abarth  :blush: ?

It's my Fiances, boringiish 500 with the NA 1.4? Does better then you'd think in the snow with proper snow tires. We did just get both rear wheel bearings replaced under warranty though. Cupped the crap out of the rear wheels. Only had 4-5k on those winter tires and only 33,000 on the car itself. 

Re-sealed the Angle gear on my '00 XC. 
Sleals.PNG
#2 is 9143885
#3 is 30735126

Left had seals 2 & 3 live very far down in the sleeve and the angle gear respectively. The transmission side was totally dry and so we decided to leave them be. 

The big seal on the exposed passenger side was the most likely culprit. 
0hZxjYOh.jpg

Cleaned up
VvsCA0lh.jpg
QDGJOidh.jpg

Filling it through a long funnel from above the engine. 

h0m2sLih.jpg

gzEQXTQh.jpg

Took about 98% of the 1L bottle. 

Driven 100+ miles on it with no leaks and no foul burning smell. 

• Upvote 3

FIY  -you can fill those out of the car - no fluid will leak out unless you tip it over where the vent nipple is located :)

I use a pair of long sheet rock screws to extract the inner/outer   D/S seal - but if it was dry no reason to fuck with it I agree.

1 hour ago, lookforjoe said:

FIY  -you can fill those out of the car - no fluid will leak out unless you tip it over where the vent nipple is located :)

I use a pair of long sheet rock screws to extract the inner/outer   D/S seal - but if it was dry no reason to monkey with it I agree.

Ahh nice i did notice the hole at the top. 

We had the thing all sorts of flipped around when refitting it into the car. Should have filmed how it came out. 

A screw was needed for the large seal on the pass side. Nothing seems to work better. 

Trying to sure up the wiring on my refurb AFR gauge. Yes the innovate died randomly after less then 5000 miles. It was the gauge that was no good. 

Looking for the correct pin to fit into the accessory connector under the dash. I had some ok ones from Carquest, however since being bought out, they carry nothing of the sort any more. Can anyone pinpoint which one is correct? 

Pins.PNG

After some research and dealer questioning the correct pins are seemingly unavailable. Out of stock here in the U.S. and not show as available in Sweden. 

#27 seemed to be the correct one. 

Improvising, I did some junkyard digging into the wires under the dash and took apart some of the male side connectors for those big yellow / purple connectors under the dash. 

C3n8a8Kh.jpg

They produced some decent sized leads. Took a pair of side cutters and pinched them slightly so they fit and where held into the yellow connector. 

Happy to say as well the Innovate gauge warranty process went alright. Seems to be working correctly again. 

qk7kzB8h.jpg

Edited by apeacock
  • Upvote 1

Nice job getting it all fixed quickly. 

That being said, I'm a huge fan of my AEM gauges - not the flashiest/most feature laden, but dead reliable and respond quickly. If it continues to be a problem, you could switch the Innovate gauge for an AEM one, they use the same LSU 4.9 Wideband O2 sensor so it would be pretty close to plug and play.

7 hours ago, apeacock said:

After some research and dealer questioning the correct pins are seemingly unavailable. Out of stock here in the U.S. and not show as available in Sweden.
#27 seemed to be the correct one.

[...]

The pins you are looking for are referred to as:

Power Timer, Standard Power Timer, Junior Power Timer or JPT

Obviously there is a size difference between "Standard" and "Junior". Available in male or female configuration. Requires a suitable crimping tool to enable simultanious crimping of both the contact and strain relief tabs. Or just fudge it with pliers and never pull on the cable.

7 hours ago, andyb5 said:

Nice job getting it all fixed quickly. 

That being said, I'm a huge fan of my AEM gauges - not the flashiest/most feature laden, but dead reliable and respond quickly. If it continues to be a problem, you could switch the Innovate gauge for an AEM one, they use the same LSU 4.9 Wideband O2 sensor so it would be pretty close to plug and play.

I was thinking of just getting the gauge only (if possible) The screen on this is pretty nice, and I guess it responds quicker? idk. Doing it again I would go for the problem free one. 

Did a better job wiring it all together this time too. It's not pretty but its all heat shrink / adhesive quick connects. 

1 hour ago, Blockpartie said:

The pins you are looking for are referred to as:

Power Timer, Standard Power Timer, Junior Power Timer or JPT

Obviously there is a size difference between "Standard" and "Junior". Available in male or female configuration. Requires a suitable crimping tool to enable simultanious crimping of both the contact and strain relief tabs. Or just fudge it with pliers and never pull on the cable.

I was seeing Flat terminal and terminal pin when locating similar things. I think we are talking about the same pieces. Using this in the end might have proven easier, being pre-crimped and all.

On all the ends I did 3:1 adhesive lined heat shrink to sure it up a bit.  The terminals are just in the connector under the pressure of the 'lid' they are lightly tuggable. 

Innovate's MTX-L gauge is shit. It was poorly engineered in many ways, one of them being that they pulse the heater circuit too slowly, causing large temperature swings of the sensing element, leading to premature failure.

The new AEM X-series are worlds better, not in terms of response time and accuracy, but also sensor life. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Tightmopedman9 said:

Innovate's MTX-L gauge is stuff. It was poorly engineered in many ways, one of them being that they pulse the heater circuit too slowly, causing large temperature swings of the sensing element, leading to premature failure.

The new AEM X-series are worlds better, not in terms of response time and accuracy, but also sensor life. 

I have a feeling that's part of what changed in the Firmware update & Warranty repair. It's on "htr" much longer then it used to be, which I'm really fine with so long as it all works from now on. The 02 sensor came back really clean and with new sleaving on the cable, they may have replaced it as well. 

The X series is so thin too, kind of nice if you want to mount it somewhere nontraditional. 

Considering Scaling back the A pillar clutter with a single gauge to do both AFR & Boost. 

Sitting a little more neatly now. took the time to hot glue down the leather cover and trim the thicker sections on the seams 
kkhKJuih.jpg

Quintessential R badge affixed to the front of the grill. Got another junkyard one and gave it a clean with 3-4 plasti dip coats. 

Badge is done with 3m red. Clips remain intact. 

bSHe49hh.jpg

• Upvote 3

Love that boot, dude.

Instead of getting the battery turned sideways I decided to make a little helper bracket to hold the intake system off the B+ cable. 

This piece of bar stock was going to be a holder for my rear Ohlins reservoirs. I found an old thread on Swedespeed that shows a longer piece going  between the two seat belt mounts for a 3rd row. 

RUrT5z0h.jpg
EQWkuzZh.jpg
jcx1WM9h.jpg

Pictures from Gdog16 on SS:

MUbaw7Bh.jpg
zVxDgWTh.jpg