Sign in to follow this  
apeacock

Peacocks Wagon Build

11 hours ago, hotpantslovebug said:

Nice setup! Went with a j pipe and welded bungs but its not as clean as couplers. Plus you need to mount your battery side ways. 

Is there any trick to moving the cable's or the tray? My clutch line is properly routed through the air tray holder. I can't remember off hand if it comes out without any fuss. 

In talking with Hussein about how his was setup, I'm considering trying my hand at making an intake setup to rejoin it with the air box I used to have. Though maybe it really won't make any difference?  

Biggest concern with that is if the aluminum intake piping needs to be welded or can it just be brazed together? I'm thinking this would be a great project for this winter. 

10 hours ago, dougy said:

im not the one to read so thanks for all the pics...nice work !  thumbup.gif embeer.gif

Of course! Goes faster that way anyways! I'm normally just making grammatical errors and ranting on. I use the thread to both show the work and kind of make a journal for myself. 

Edited by apeacock
ALL THE SPELLING

18 hours ago, apeacock said:

Is there any trick to moving the cable's or the tray? My clutch line is properly routed through the air tray holder. I can't remember off hand if it comes out without any fuss. 

In talking with Hussein about how his was setup, I'm considering trying my hand at making an intake setup to rejoin it with the air box I used to have. Though maybe it really won't make any difference?  

Biggest concern with that is if the aluminum intake piping needs to be welded or can it just be brazed together? I'm thinking this would be a great project for this winter. 

Of course! Goes faster that way anyways! I'm normally just making grammatical errors and ranting on. I use the thread to both show the work and kind of make a journal for myself. 

I don't run a battery tray in the bay, I used a simple rubber cushinon steel screw on clamp and just secured it to the side of the engine bay using an existing tapped hole/nut.

You could braze AL, but this is a car... and it would look like shit. I can make you a copy of my intake setup if you want. 

5 hours ago, Tightmopedman9 said:

I don't run a battery tray in the bay, I used a simple rubber cushinon steel screw on clamp and just secured it to the side of the engine bay using an existing tapped hole/nut.

You could braze AL, but this is a car... and it would look like stuff. I can make you a copy of my intake setup if you want. 

That's certainly a cool way to do it. The snabb piece is cool and the silicone bends to work for the most part it seems but like I side I'd like that to return to the stock airbox area. Though maybe that's really not needed and i'll be getting enough cold air through the front of the car still. I like the form fitting one Hussein made. That was neat.

Right now the lower 90* bend rubs the brake lines. Though i guess i can trim down the end of the silicone and tighten the run a bit. Message me about it if you like though. I appreciate that. 

On 9/17/2016 at 10:22 PM, apeacock said:

Intake and charge pipe are now on the car. I was told to get a 45 & 90 coupler for the new mini Snabb intake pipe. However I would contest that two 90* sections are the way to go as I was forced to leave the filter straight and not include my intake box (say what you will I like it)

I like that look also! Could always use the Jag CAI. I used a smaller battery, but turning the battery sideways works too...

20160920_081336_zpsrf6dzsfa.jpg

Where were people getting those? Turning my battery sideways is on the list of shit to do tonight and that's a very clean install.

16 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

Where were people getting those? Turning my battery sideways is on the list of shit to do tonight and that's a very clean install.

Mid 80's XJ6. Quick search shows a few on ebay now.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, apeacock said:

That's certainly a cool way to do it. The snabb piece is cool and the silicone bends to work for the most part it seems but like I side I'd like that to return to the stock airbox area. Though maybe that's really not needed and i'll be getting enough cold air through the front of the car still. I like the form fitting one Hussein made. That was neat.

Sorry I forgot to take pics of my various piping bits. I do still have a couple of versions including the earlier aircan with the stock intake point, perhaps one of them could be modified for your install. I get some pics for you.

On 9/20/2016 at 8:22 AM, Volvo5.0 said:

I like that look also! Could always use the Jag CAI. I used a smaller battery, but turning the battery sideways works too...

20160920_081336_zpsrf6dzsfa.jpg

That looks really clean. I implore you to do the right thing and show me on ebay. The results I see all look like new units. 

On 9/20/2016 at 11:49 AM, lookforjoe said:

Sorry I forgot to take pics of my various piping bits. I do still have a couple of versions including the earlier aircan with the stock intake point, perhaps one of them could be modified for your install. I get some pics for you.

No Problem. Decent amount of time to figure out a permanent solution for this setup. 

2 hours ago, Volvo5.0 said:

I was searching xj6 CAI and related terms so that makes sense as to why I couldn't locate them. 

What size inlet / outlet do they have? Did you ever talk more about the process in your thread? I can see this being a pretty simple solution to the intake situation I'm having. So long as they can flow enough for the turbo that is!

at around 300 whp that canister becomes a restriction... 

Just now, dougy said:

Old turbo and maf were flowing at 980 KG/hr while I know the math is really "loose" that would work out to 330ish from the engine. Could be wrong on that but based on the kg/s / .8 thing that's how it works out. 

5 minutes ago, dougy said:

I know you're not one to chat/blabber about things, so you have proven data to support this I guess?

that would be 281.12 on mustang dyno...problem is you cant fit large enough filter in there , but if you cut out incoming hole in that canister to 4 inches it'll help ...but if you're planing more hp, i would not. 

40 minutes ago, Volvo5.0 said:

I know you're not one to chat/blabber about things, so you have proven data to support this I guess?

not at all,just from my personal experience... but log yours with it on and with out. hahaha

here is 20g at 1440 kg with an open filter...hehehe

edit...1440kg was on e85...in that vid it is on gas/93 and 1390kg...soweee...:biggrin:

and here is one with open filter with 19t close to 1100kg's on e85

Edited by dougy

When I had a 20G I used that same Jaguar box and fit the largest filter I could in there, and it was still quite a small filter. I wouldn't recommend it...

The filter I use is the AEM 21-3059DK which is 6.5" in diameter and 9" long. I think that filter is almost the same size as the Jag canister itself. Granted I don't have a pre-turbo pressure sensor, but I wouldn't want to use any smaller of an air filter.