Sign in to follow this  
apeacock

Peacocks Wagon Build

So today became shave day. 

I may have gotten carried away with the lower fins and in the end smoothed it out a bit. That lower fin was 90* at one point (oopsie!)

aFZCpSRl.jpg
Kztnn7il.jpg

"smooth" I promise I read through stuff and looked at picture before I started but it is was it is. 
96DJmBDl.jpg

• Upvote 2

Easter Sunday Update,

Recieved the coupler from Amazon, It looks exactly like every other one out there and is probably made just as bad as the ones that cost $34-$59. $59 for this!!! Mine was 9.99

uBsnPXsl.jpg

The only place I could find a plug was at Lowes, it is a 3/8-24 x 1/2 Socket head set screw. It threads about half way in and then stops. I wound it back out, then in and then out and got it tightly locked in there. The threads are cut really poorly. I also took a round file to the inside to knock down some left over metal from the threading process. 

zeKo5HDl.jpg

Edited by apeacock
  • Upvote 2

Is that for the rad hose mod required when using the P1 version M66 in a P80? I don't know the details on that...

20 minutes ago, lookforjoe said:

Is that for the rad hose mod required when using the P1 version M66 in a P80? I don't know the details on that...

Yes it is. 

On March 23, 2016 at 11:47 AM, apeacock said:

Took a minute today to install the new detent and the reverse light switch/detent. 

Thought I was having trouble shifting at first and then I switch the cables on the shifter itself. Seems to work great, really slots into each gear and as AndyB5 has said to me it's hard to hit reverse when going to 6th. 

nI0gHfTl.jpg

Did you transfer the firewall grommet from the old cables? I couldn't get the C30 grommet to line up no way no how. Slit the sheath on one side & then siliconed the slot after proper cable alignment

WTF IS GOING ON ON THIS poking SITE. IMG TAGS DON"T WORK NOW?????

10 hours ago, lookforjoe said:

Did you transfer the firewall grommet from the old cables? I couldn't get the C30 grommet to line up no way no how. Slit the sheath on one side & then siliconed the slot after proper cable alignment

{option}http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/huseinholland/CarMods/M66%20Brackets%20Shifter%20Parts/F932076A-FCF4-4F9F-8F37-BE1E30C9ADF3_zpsbbk04pj3.jpg[/IMG]

{option}http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/huseinholland/CarMods/M66%20Brackets%20Shifter%20Parts/1DE08367-B515-4D8F-9EE8-E0A1D68CF376_zps7uukinaw.jpg[/IMG]

WTF IS GOING ON ON THIS poking SITE. IMG TAGS DON"T WORK NOW?????

H try imgur.com you can sign up with a gmail account and have control over the images in a similar way to photobucket. 

No plans for the grommet yet. still has the s40 on there. I'll have to tape over it or something crappy for now and wait until there is a manual p80 at the yard and take the boot. Good suggestion though. The grommet isn't available as a separate piece so time to play the waiting game a bit. 

Really hoping the helper spring comes to tasca in time and I get it here by Wednesday. Ordered it on 3/4, they messed something up and had to re order it again. 

Swap has started. As of tonight, motor/subframe is out. Good progress for about 5 hours of work. 

9E1C0075-9550-4A7F-A14C-BD01E76933ED_zps

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, apeacock said:

Most time consuming single part was the AC compressor line and that's because we refused to take the fan out for 45minutes

Cough*Told you and andy to take the shroud out*Cough

• Upvote 1

Nice work. Where are you guys doing the swap at? I'll have to swing by sometime and bring my C70 for a 426 party :D

2 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

Nice work. Where are you guys doing the swap at? I'll have to swing by sometime and bring my C70 for a 426 party :D

Thats at Andy garage, you can see his car on the background!:dry:

• Upvote 1

On April 1, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Timbo Slice said:

On April 1, 2016 at 4:25 PM, TIZIO AKA 1 HND MEC said:

Thats at Andy garage, you can see his car on the background!:dry:

Yup, our garage on RPI's campus. 

We had a 426 wagon party earlier:

F7D29D1D-F27D-4C89-8EF3-2E2F83883518_zps

Eric (leco510) myself, and Chris (huntec) while Anthony's wagon is on the lift. 

• Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Shane E
      99’ V70R wagon for sale best offer. Black with tan interior. 159K. Timing belt @ 111k, head rebuilt @ 128k. New heater core and radiator. Rebuilt rear driveline @ 130k but now removed because it started to vibrate. ABS light is on and abs is non-functional. Nice interior and no dents on exterior. Located in 83422. Text me for pics.. Shane, two 08 31three 9zero46
    • By KMF
      Hi im new to this forum and this is my first post.
      i have a V70r 1999 
      there seems to be difficult to find a gearbox replacement 1208943. Reason for replacement is the gears are slipping when the atf is hot. I want to rebuild it but instead of taking down the one on the car I’m looking for one used I can rebuild and swap with the one on the car.
      my questions is: can i use other gearboxes F.ex 1208942 from xc70? 
      Does anybody here know What might be wrong with the one i have? No DTCs!
      Does anybody have A 1208943 they might wanna sell? Or maybe 8111193..
      other things I can do except flush as I just did that? 12l jws3309+treatments+leakstop
      where is the Volvo race mechanics ? 😅

• By 05V70RGT
      A slightly neglected but making a comeback, 70R that is just itching to find a motivated owner. Nearly every month, we all read, or hear about, another R selling for CRAZY money. This particular R is NOT crazy money. It's reasonable money. $4000.00 and who knows, it may be even cheaper. What I would REALLY be interested in, is a TRADE. STRAIGHT ACROSS. CAR FOR CAR. 

MINE; 2005 VOLVO V70R ONE OF 674
      190,000. Mostly fwy commute miles silver paint with the typical Gobi colored leather. Yes, it would be nice if it were flash green with Atacama but it's not. Clean title, never been involved in any significant accidents. NO panel has been repainted. Has a few of the typical umps and bruises but nothing big. Interior is Gobi leather and is a little tired. CaR starts easily, idles nicely, revs like a pissed off banshee,  has a working 4C system, all three settings, NO CHECK ENGINE LITE, NO codes other than ignition ring and rear wiper motor. 
      Automatic trans with a new, Quality replacement, valve body including all eight shift solenoids. New, not ebay Chinese "reman" solenoids as well as all new proper transmission fluid. I have set adaptation thru VIDA only to find out that the VIN LOCKED TCU is probably "bricked" and needs a XEMODEX replacement.  APPROXIMATELY  $499.95  I just don't want to deal with it as I have other cars and projects in various stages of completion and have no room. 
      If I were to keep it, I would absolutely do an M66 Install as this conversion alone seems to make people go mad and throw huge amounts of cash at owners. 
      If I had the room I'd strip it bare and make it a 6 speed track only car with full cage etc.
      Yours; 95-97 855R  prefer red but any R color would work. Needs to be in reasonably decent condition. NO SALVAGED TITLE. Must run. NO more than 2 years out for tags. I understand how old they are and how crappie the interior plastic is now so I won't freak about a cracked or broken interior. PLEASE,  NO TOTAL POS CARS BUT SOME ISSUES ARE EXPECTED 
      Interested? Let me know what you're thinking and maybe we can make something happen

• By Mustapha
      Hello, 
      first time posting here not sure what to expect. So I have an 07 xc70 I recently purchased and have a few questions about some performance mods I would like to do. So this car has about 175k miles and I want to boost my horse power up to the high 200’s if not low 300’s it’s my daily and I want a bit more juice for fun but I don’t want to destroy it too bad I love the i5 sound and the entire car in general. What are some things I can do to increase the horsepower but keep it from killing itself. Also what are some good exhaust mufflers or kits I can buy that increase the sound at higher rpms but not as much at low rpms it just sounds so amazing at high revs and I want to emphasize that as I’m driving. Any feedback or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
    • By zman172
      2006 Volvo v70 (120,000 miles) part out list of parts below:

Box #1
      Steering wheel
      Trunk hatch carpeted trim
      Center console

Box #2

Car jack and breaker bar red handle and tow bar
      A/C compressor
      Windshield wiper motor
      Accelerator pedal
      Fuel door lock solenoid
      Navigation Antenna
      Antenna amplifier (green or orange x2)
      Ignition immobilizer
      Ignition switch starter
      Turn signal stalk
      Sensor alarm
      Seat belt restraints (x2)
      Door sill plates (x2)
      Metal radio pocket
      Volvo plastic radio pocket
      Radio
      A/C control unit
      Side view mirror left
      Servotronic fuse relay
      Trunk latch
      Windshield wiper stalk
      Overhead light driver front
      Rear bumper trim (x2)
      Dashboard trim
      Instrument border
      Rear speaker covers
      Driver motor seat controls
      Passenger motor seat controls
      Gear shifter
      Steering wheel column cover
      Door speaker covers front (x2)
      Center console trim (x2)
      Rear carpeted trim panels (x2 one thin one thick)
      Front cupholders
      Rear cargo upper trim with dome light
      Master cylinder

Box #3
      Side view mirror right
      Wooden door handle trim pieces (x4)
      Fuel pump regulator
      Overhead dome light rear
      Windshield rain sensor
      Tan headrest with long spikes
      Tan headrest with brackets (x2)
      Rear armrest with cupholders
      Flip down sun shield left (red wire)
      Flip down sun shield right (green wire)
      Rear view mirror and wiring harness
      Power steering pump tank
      Right upper brake light
      Right lower brake light
      Armrest for front seats
      Driver window switch box
      Front passenger window switch
      Airbag sensor
      Rear speakers (x2)

Box #4

Side airbags (x2)
      Spare tire
      Rear fuse relay box
      Rear third brake light
      Emergency brake with leather
      Rear trunk speaker trim (x2)
      Right rear trunk carpet trim

Box #5

All 4 door panels
      Back hatch carpeted floor (x2 one thin one thick)
      Rear bottom single seat
      Single seat leather upper
      Double seat leather upper
      Left and right rear seat bolsters
      Right front carpet
      Left front carpet
      Drivers front seat
      Passenger front seat
      Rear trunk hatch trim

Box 6
      Braking systems (x2)
      Glove box
      Emergency brake trim (x2)
      Center console back plate
      Passenger lower dash cover
      Floor door trim (x2)
      Front door handles
      License plate frame
      Seat railing covers

Box 7
      Instrument cluster 163000
      Radio trim
      Shifter trim
      Trunk trim (long back piece (x2) and shoulder piece
      Floor door trim (x2 longer pieces)
      Rain sensor cover
      Dash radio storage box
      Fuse panel cover
      Gas tank cover
      Front air bag crash sensor
      Rear air bag crash sensors
      Air bag impact sensor
      Headlight switch
      Hazard light switch
      Dashboard airbag
      Ecu

Box 8:
      Miscellaneous

On pallet not in box:
      Door pillar vents (x2)
      Torque rod
      Windshield wiper motor cover with seal
      Trunk pillar covers (x2)
      Left side skirt cover
      Right side skirt cover
      Left and right side door trim panel moulding (x2 longer)
      Left and right side door trim panel moulding (x2 shorter)
      Trunk trim with cut out for lock
      Trunk trim no cut out
      Dashboard
      Left and right trim railings (x2)