Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1fastglt

Snaab manifold gasket

Salutations forum! Has anyone out Volvo enthusiast land installed a  Snaab amarid fiber Intake manifold spacer (which takes the place of the manifold gasket)? Before installation, my car (1998 V70 GLT) ran great short an oil from one of the seals behind the cam sensor. Now after installing a new PCV, and the manifold intake spacer, my car barely starts and runs (e.g.: does so for only a few seconds and is really rough at that). I've gone over everything that I had disconnected in the course of installation and everything has been reconnected accordingly (e.g.: electrical connections and hoses). I'm kinda at a loss at this point. What do you guys think?

When I redo my breather system I am going to install one of these too. Does not make me feel great. 

Supposedly you need to torque down the bolts to a specific Nm. What the value is I am not sure. Also make sure you have connected everything and the upper intercooler pipe is clamped down. 

I have had them on 2 car now.. They are great.. Check make sure the little clip that supports the PCV breather hose that goes over to the intake pipe isnt between the gasket and the head.. That makes for a bad time. Ask me how i know... Its on the bottom right bolt. It doesnt have to come out so it slipped back against the head and I missed it and put the spacer on over it.. Barely would idle at first. Got it going took it around the block and it was pretty bad.. Started tearing into it again and found that. Just something to check from experience :lol:

I have the ipd spacer and have had no problems.  I know it's different, but close enough

im not sure of the torque specs, but I just tightened down nice and tight with a ratchet.  Not too tight, but tight nonetheless.

as for which bolts to tighten down, I pretty much applied the same sequence as if you were tightening the head down.  I didn't tighten all at once, I'd tighten all the bolts a little bit, then go over them all again getting tighter each time.  This way ensures that everything is tightened the same and everything mated up perfectly.  Probably not entirely necessary to be honest, but about 10k with no problem so far, so to me it's worth the extra time

Did you make sure that you didn't pinch that bracket on the lower right hand corner of the intake when bolting it down? I did that and caused a massive vacuum leak, similar symptoms to what you are describing.