Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chilled man

K24 Install in 98 ..

Just need to refresh my memory and to make sure I am not missing anything obvious ... I have a K24 ( well 2 of them )  I am thinking of putting in the coupe. 

What I need to replace is . 

Turbo - obviously

R manifold from 05R

Oil drain line

Oil Supply line

Coolant supply and return lines 

Downpipe to Angle flanged 

- what else am I missing ..... I feel like something important.  

Does anyone have the vadis breakdown / pictures to back of both motors so I know 100% what I am looking at ... yeah I have photos of both somewhere in my photobucket of 4000+ pictures yeah yeah yeah I am lazy 

Exhaust manifold gasket

Eventually manifold bolts and/or nuts

Eventually turbo to manifold bolts/or and nuts

Eventually turbo to downpipe bolts/or and nuts

Oil drain gaskets

Eventually new washers for the banjo bolts

Eventually other banjos (I don't know if the K24 uses the same banjos as td04's use).

Different air intake pipe? But you could just modify your existing one.

I think easier would be to use a K24 pipe with it and make a new pipe out of the old pipe and the K24 pipe.

Exhaust manifold gasket

Eventually manifold bolts and/or nuts

Eventually turbo to manifold bolts/or and nuts

Eventually turbo to downpipe bolts/or and nuts

Oil drain gaskets

Eventually new washers for the banjo bolts

Eventually other banjos (I don't know if the K24 uses the same banjos as td04's use).

Those items I got / are standard items when replacing the manifold or turbo. But good thing to remember. 

I think easier would be to use a K24 pipe with it and make a new pipe out of the old pipe and the K24 pipe.

I was thinking of buying a Sconeman intake pipe and just getting the correct coupler for it. 

Is there any reason why the drainline should bolt up to the turbo and into the drainpan ? I know Hussein had some issues but I think that was due to using the Japan Manifold and K24 many many moons ago. 

http://www.snabb.us/Performance-Fresh-Air-Pipe-98-SVC70-_p_10.html Looks like he already does.  Well that was easy LOL

A tune.

Also, use the P1 single piece exhaust manifold gasket, which costs under $10

I just used the intake from my old 15g when I swapped to a k24 on an RN motor and it works just fine. I may add a little length of a pipe when I switch to the 3" piping. But a custom intake can be used just an fyi

Which intercooler piping?  The early K24's had that v-band situation going on.  

I'm thinking about swapping in my K24 in the next day or so.  I moved to a steel braided an line.  Much less headache.

Additionally, you may need a gasket between the manifold and turbo.  https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-exhaust-flange-gasket-manifold-to-turbo-z-8642450

+1 to TMM9 on the single piece exhaust manifold gasket.  Just bought one.

+2 for the P1 gasket, definitely much easier than the stock style gaskets.

EE2C8978-8663-46CB-98DD-0747E4EBDDED_zps

Standard flange for the K24 not that silly v band crap. 

I already have exhuast gaskets in my tool box. 

Need to see about water and oil lines though.

Justus, aka fischmama use to sell a braided line kit and an fittings that made the switch a lot easier.  Don't know if he still does.

Justus, aka fischmama use to sell a braided line kit and an fittings that made the switch a lot easier.  Don't know if he still does.

Ah nice!  I have the hard pipes and why I was going to use them  but if he has a braided kit I would prefer that.

the water pipe from a s60r/v70r will make it alot easier.  you will also have to bend the oil supply line at the block.

the water pipe from a s60r/v70r will make it alot easier.  you will also have to bend the oil supply line at the block.

So, I'm not sure if it has to be a S/Vr water pipe... but I did just confirm that my 01-03 2.4 LPT motor has the WRONG water pipe.  K24 will not fit.  May be the same for earlier motors too.