/boost fluctuatios with a brandnew Kinugawa TD04HL-19T-7 with an actuator with actuator pressure of 0.5 bar

Piet

We are experiencing  load/boost fluctuatios with a brandnew Kinugawa TD04HL-19T-7 with an actuator with actuator pressure of 0.5 bar.

This happens at a loads higher then 7.3 ms at wich the boost will be around 0.7 bar.

Until 0.7 bar boost everything looks ok, but from 0.7 bar to 1.4 bar there are constant boostfluctuations consistent with a boost leak.

Exept.... we can't find any leaks in the tubing from turbo to intercooler and to throttle body, in fact no leaks have been found anyware.

Could this be due to something like a weak standard internal BOV spring or inefficient standard actuator?

Have somebody experienced this with a Kinugawa (or an other turbo) before?

Any advise will be highly appreciated  :)

This is how the fluctuation looks like:

fluctuations.jpg

Bosch greens, 3" exhaust front to back.

It's brandnew, don't expect the CBV to be leaking already (although everything is possibel of course).

Could it also bea weak CBV spring?  (I don't know what kind of spring Kinugawa installs standard)

He's using the kinugawa 0.5 bar WGA that came with the turbo

i would get rid of it...had same thing happening ...went to JY got a used 16t OEM WG = no more since.  

i just had kinugawa WG not whole turbo. 

Yeah i have a 20t from them too and it have the same problem. Thought was a boost leak so i unhook the hose off the wastegate and just run it like that. The boost surge is gone but it would boost up about 28 psi sometime mostly around 20 to 25 psi but if i run it long enough it would drop down to wastegate pressure around 15psi kinda odd how it would boost that high. I think it is inacurate. Lucky i have forge rod so i kinda like the quick boost im getting. Before this thread i thought i have a boost leak or a bad tcv. 

Archived