Sign in to follow this  
dougy

dougy's 300$ C70

Recommended Posts

i'll get another one ... but antenna ring tested fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i was quoted 500-600$ by volvo dealer...immobilizer , antenna ring, new keys and software... plus labor...lmao...came home from work and got her running = 0$ 

 

 

 

 

Edited by dougy
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks ... unplug the battery for 1 to 3 minutes...reconnect the battery ... key in door-lock , lock - unlock x 5  ...repeat if it did not work.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're using used bearings from different engines? I'm guessing you looked at the block/crank bearing codes for each engine and worked backwards from there to find out each bearings 'colour' and then you swapped all the good/correct bearings into this motor? Am I right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dougy said:

thanks ... unplug the battery for 1 to 3 minutes...reconnect the battery ... key in door-lock , lock - unlock x 5  ...repeat if it did not work.  

Glad it works this way. I assume that unplugging the battery would be similar to a reset for the learning functions.

You didn't accidentally flip the key 180 degree? :wink:

Congrats having the engine running! Appears to run smooth. You might check the converter at some point if it isn't damaged or clogged because of the oil in the exhaust. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stefan Mohammed said:

You're using used bearings from different engines? I'm guessing you looked at the block/crank bearing codes for each engine and worked backwards from there to find out each bearings 'colour' and then you swapped all the good/correct bearings into this motor? Am I right? 

pretty much...i measured them and used the be best out of all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Johann said:

Glad it works this way. I assume that unplugging the battery would be similar to a reset for the learning functions.

You didn't accidentally flip the key 180 degree? :wink:

Congrats having the engine running! Appears to run smooth. You might check the converter at some point if it isn't damaged or clogged because of the oil in the exhaust. 

 

thanks Johann , let us all criss cross our fingers and toes and hope that is stays/runs that way...lol...unplugging just the the battery did not work , I tried that over and over... i did not flip the key I promise lol...for converter i pored a gallon 100% concentrated degreaser down the DP and let it sit then pored 2 gallons of hot water ,took a HD leaf blower to that DP hole and hit it full blast for 10 minutes twice...seeing 😨 the stuff that came/blew out I am certain it is clean now

Edited by dougy
.
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got everything working perfectly  ... still have to make new turn stopper for LCA's out of aluminium and take the ABS module apart and re-solderer all points cause i get intermittent lights /codes for it. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my front safety belt release buttons did not function properly, so i replaced them both...and made my own turn stopper ,they are same thickness as OEM but from aluminium so they'll never wear out and turning radius is the same...LCA are tapped and nuts on the other side...overkill, nooou - dougy style...:biggrin:

 

 

 

 1_zpskbbibx33.jpg

 

 

3_zpsxz9nohtu.jpg

 

 

2_zpsqlb6ifkt.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

antena ring was not the problem but I got rid of the headlight wiper holes in the bumpier ...got the trim from s60 with same color code...cut and belt-sanded to shape to fit perfectly and I used blacks adhesive silicone...same as i did on my s60r. 

 

125_zpsuybrbqff.jpg

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?202438-Headlight-bumper-wiper-holes-plugs

DSC06331_zpsccdeea90.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who would have thought a free s60r obx dp does not just bolt right on to C70 ???  ...lol... well now it does :biggrin:

 

it is time to call Hilton tuning and see what R 2.5 liter 16t  can do...:a-farmboy:

 

127_zpssuoyzexm.jpg

 

 

126_zps6wx3dtg2.jpg

Edited by dougy
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll take some for you tomorrow...anything specific?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this