Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brickboy

97 S90 wont start

Im a newbie of this site. Plz help

I have a 97 s90 top overhauled about 2yrs ago but didnt start the engine or did a trouble shooting. Now i moved to other place and had it towed over so i can drive around but issue is wont start.

At the moment im at the area where simple compression tester is not available from autoparts store. I checked fuel, seems ok. About spark i have No clue, compression of motor i have no clue, cable wires were corroded so i replaced them with 2g wires. Most wirings are falling apart, corroded, hardened up from deadly heat and age. Camshaft sensor plug fell apart and i need color combination to a plug until i order a new one from overseaa. Basically i need to get it working first before i order. Is it possible faulty sensors could cause no start? Sparkplugs does work but i cant tell they r strong or not. Any special ground connection area where i can look into? Last night i checked temperature sensor and plug also fell apart so i changed inner plug to female and taped up. Wire was also corroded. Sparkplugs are new but noticed gasoline on the plug so i cleaned them up. Battery is fullycharged, battery cable is replaced to new, changed plugs with female connector for now to work. What am  i missing out to check.  Plz help. 

DSC_8352.JPG

On 7/26/2016 at 9:10 PM, Brickboy said:

Im a newbie of this site. Plz help

When you say won't start, will it crank but never catch? Or won't crank at all? I doubt it's compression related, but if you don't have a tester poor a cap fuel of oil in each cylinder to help the rings seal. If this let's it start, compression MIGHT be a problem. Also make sure your cam timing marks are aligned with the crankshaft timing mark.

If it won't crank, hit the starter solenoid with a hammer. It may be seized.

If it will crank, the Cam Position Sensor, The Crank Position Sensor, AND the Engine Coolant Temp sensor not being plugged in or bad signals can cause a no-start. Given your electrical issues, I bet this is where your problem is. Do you have access to a code reader? They will often set codes during your failed attempts to start.