Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Volvo5.0

Volvo 5.0 - $4000

Thinking of selling the 5.0. It's rarely driven anymore and I now need the space that it occupies in the garage. Located in Bethesda, Md. Priced to sell...

This is a 1990 740 that I installed a '93 Ford Mustang 5.0 in, using the Converse Engineering kit. Converse is best known for the supercharged 960 that he built for Paul Newman years ago. It was a very complete kit that included everything needed for the swap. No fabrication was needed on my part and it was a very straightforward project. I've been wrenching for 35 years (25 on Volvo) and am very particular with the work I do.

Completed the project in 2003 and used the car as my DD for years until I picked up the S70 I'm driving now. Since then the car has been taking up space in the garage and been driven only occasionally. The motor was rebuilt before it went in the car and it has a few performance parts on it. Wanted it to be a reliable DD, so I didn't do much performance-wise. Small list of options include an Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads and intake manifold, Ford Motorsports headers, larger injectors, larger mass meter and t-body, and roller rockers. Engine has less than 35k miles on it. Trans is a Ford AOD automatic with a shift kit installed.

Car was completely painted original color in 2006 and has been garage kept since. I removed everything (bumpers, lights, door handles, etc.) before painting and the job came out great. New bumpers were installed then also, since the original ones had faded badly. Interior is clean but nothing special. Probably much better than most cars of that year, but it does have wear on it. It does have power seats that I installed from a 760. Car is very complete and everything works, including the A/C. I've always driven this car with a dealer tag so there is no catalytic converter installed, although I do have a front muffler installed in that location. It could easily be removed to put in an aftermarket performance cat. I've added more pics. Thanks for looking!

fall_zps91ce0881.jpg

DSC_2170_zpsab7c1031.jpg

DSC_5674_zps2bb44039.jpg

DSC_5693_zps00a12af4.jpg

DSC_5691_zpsba7b9b41.jpg

DSC_5689_zpsc2d424b9.jpg

DSC_5672_zpsc57692f0.jpg

DSC_5678_zps1ca4aaeb.jpg

DSC_5668_zpsdf7c1ac2.jpg

DSC_5679_zps86d61883.jpg

DSC_5669_zpsaf38035c.jpg

DSC_5670_zps4c77f814.jpg