Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get Some

Playoffs 2017

No playoffs topic yet?! 

Where's your bracket.. A man can dream right? 

bracket.PNG

I'm just dreaming of a Habs vs Leafs Eastern Conference final but I'm doubtful that'll happen this year. *sigh*

p.s. got my Leafs jersey on at work today. GO LEAFS GO!

Thank you for starting this.  I don't disagree with your finals match-up it seems clear to me that the Caps are going to dominate the Eastern Conference though I think they will see from serious competition from the Pens and the Bruins.  Chicago probably has an easier run this year than they did in previous years but I think the Blues may make it past the first round and that could prove problematic for the Blackhawks. If this Finals match-up happens I question whether the Caps can pull it off. Chicago has remained tough even though the salary cap continues to strip away key players and their depth of experience could be what makes for a series of wins against a Caps team that lacks that.  

This article here speaks to what I'm thinking: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/04/12/look-the-capitals-actually-deserve-to-win-the-stanley-cup-this-time/?utm_term=.bcf998746551

Sure the Caps might deserve to hoist a trophy but so did the Utah Jazz in 1997 and 1998. We'll see if experience wins out.   

I was scarred when I saw murry wasn't starting but  fluery did great 

The caps and bruins are hurting me bad this year... 

However I'm pretty impressed with the Preds dominating blackhawks so far.. 

Bruins - Definitely shouldn't be getting crapped on this badly by the Sens. I don't believe (although I'm extremely biased) the sens should be winning these games, they've been getting supremely lucky.. and but for the Bruins, why cant they hold a lead? just once? 

Caps - what... 

tonight should be fun - think the preds can win tonight?

brother in law was at the last game in Nashville wearing his hawks jersey - that OT loss was brutal ahaha

Would love to see the Predators sweep the Hawks - Chicago and Pittsburgh have enough Cup wins the last 5-10 years

As a Leafs fan I am overjoyed it's going to a 6th game at minimum and seriously hope the Capitals, if they advance, choke hard the next round - as much as I hate Pittsburgh they'll have the upper hand on Washington if Toronto has managed to take them to a 6 game series

Would be entertained to see a NY/Boston matchup but wouldn't mind NY/OTT either

On the other side it's looking like Sharks / Ducks, who will choke the fastest contest - a Nashvillle / STL matchup would be entertaining

love em.. But I did NOT see that Nashville sweep coming... 

Gonna be a good night for hockey tonight. I'm already drunk so once the bruins lose I won't be so hurt by it. 

Blackhawks were off the entire 4 game stretch.  I don't know what happened but they simply lacked the fire they've had in previous playoffs and seasons.  I'm not surprised because something had to give at some point.

and the bruins live to put off the inevitable.. 

Until they don't. That inevitable is so relentless.

OMG that series of plays around the net at 3:00-2:45 during the 3rd period tonight.  Fleury was absolutely amazing.  Never seen anything like it.  What a scrum.

Completely agree this is going to be a crazy fantastic series.