Sign in to follow this  
andyb5

Andy's 2000 V70 R

Awesome! Didn't want the pegs that were in the for sale thread? That's cool that it went from Austin to CO all at the right time for you!

On 5/28/2017 at 10:41 PM, apeacock said:

Lets build this thing!

Agreed!  I'll keep you posted when the motor/M66 swap happens.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:29 AM, BlackT5 said:

Looks good Andy!

Thanks Mark!

On 5/30/2017 at 9:35 AM, gmsgltr said:

Awesome! Didn't want the pegs that were in the for sale thread? That's cool that it went from Austin to CO all at the right time for you!

Yeah didn't want the pegs, the satellites will do until I put the STI/BBS wheels on it.  It definitely took some coordination with the seller to get the timing right, but he was easy to deal with and even went to the DMV and got me a temporary registration/plate to drive it back to NY on.

Went to the local Cars and Caffeine meet Sunday morning, and one of the local photographers snagged this shot of me rolling into the show.

36971819541_d8073ab60c_b.jpg18766808_1361413430607064_4738425938921360188_o by Andy Buresh, on Flickr

Studded snow tires sure got me some funny looks as I was cruising through the crowd :laugh: 

wait. I missed that. did you drive across 1/2 of the country with those tires?

cosmetically all it seems to need is a re-spray/fill in plate holes on the front bumper. LOVE the color.

Venetian red is the best red.

I'm curious about the height of the transmission mount.  Would highly suggest you move that from your 99... as I think the 00 uses a much shorter one, which didn't work with my existing Hussein bracket of awesome.

Your car has an LPT motor in it?  Mine did as well.  Do you plan to swap the motor from your 99?  

If your mud flaps are faded like mine, try a heat gun on them.  However, this does NOT work for the side mirror bezels.  lol. Ask me how I know.

He's not wrong!  That looks killer.

Tail lights need to be from a Venetian Red though.  ;)

• Upvote 1

Nice pickup Andy!! Glad to see you starting fresh, hopefully between the old VR and this one you'll build a hell of a machine!

Hopefully we can catch up this summer, I'd love to see it.

On 5/31/2017 at 7:59 AM, gmsgltr said:

wait. I missed that. did you drive across 1/2 of the country with those tires?

cosmetically all it seems to need is a re-spray/fill in plate holes on the front bumper. LOVE the color.

Yeah I did the trip on studded snows.  No better tires available for 90* sunny weather :laugh: 

You're dead on with the bumper, the whole front end is pretty sandblasted from winters in Colorado.  There are a few other minor cosmetic bits that need some attention, but overall the body is in good shape and I LOVE the color too. 

On 5/31/2017 at 10:02 AM, Commander Riker said:

Venetian red is the best red.

I'm curious about the height of the transmission mount.  Would highly suggest you move that from your 99... as I think the 00 uses a much shorter one, which didn't work with my existing Hussein bracket of awesome.

Your car has an LPT motor in it?  Mine did as well.  Do you plan to swap the motor from your 99?  

If your mud flaps are faded like mine, try a heat gun on them.  However, this does NOT work for the side mirror bezels.  lol. Ask me how I know.

Thanks for the info on the mounts, I'll use the 99 mount for sure.  I know we've since talked about all this, but in case anyone else is wondering, the motor will get swapped from my 99 because I'm familiar with the maintenance history and such, so I'll stay with what I know.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:31 AM, tuner4life said:

^ Mud flaps should be painted body color... Trust me;)

Agreed, and those do look killer, but I'm going to ditch the stock mudflaps for the Rally Armor urethane ones I have on the 99 R.  

On 5/31/2017 at 11:43 AM, Timbo Slice said:

Nice pickup Andy!! Glad to see you starting fresh, hopefully between the old VR and this one you'll build a hell of a machine!

Hopefully we can catch up this summer, I'd love to see it.

Thanks Timo! That's kinda the goal, take 2 cars, and make 1 cool project out of them.  It'd be fun to catch up this summer, shoot me a text sometime and we can figure plans out!

On 5/31/2017 at 0:59 PM, Platinum 850 said:

Good Luck with the V70R, I am going to enjoy seeing you put your own personal twist onto this one!!!

Thanks!  I'm enjoying your R project too.  I still remember your old 850 project from back in the day.  That was a cool machine, and your R is right there too!

Beautiful Venetian Andy!  I look forward to seeing this project unfold...

Dan

Drive right past my house and dont say hi .... what ever... side note I will be in Albany on Tuesday next week . 

• Upvote 1