Sign in to follow this  
sventastic

Sventastic's 850R Daily Driver Project

4 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

sounds great!

what is your set up? which exhaust manifold do you have?

As far as I know, the exhaust is all stock! I've never checked the exhaust manifold specifically but based on previous owners I'd imagine it is stock. I have the IPD intake, and removed the upper turbo heat shield, wish I had somewhere to store the hood blanket so I could take that off too...

4 hours ago, tuner4life said:

That is impressive! 

Thanks Jason, my butt dyno had been telling me it would definitely be a mid-6s 0-100 car so it was fun to confirm it 😄 Might be able to get low-6s with my summer tires and a bit of practice...

2 hours ago, BlackT5 said:

Come try my IPD ECU 😄

Next time I'm at your place we'll try it out!

Sounds great and well done. Must be pulling some G's to get the coolant warning to light up.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:46 AM, washdup said:

Sounds great and well done. Must be pulling some G's to get the coolant warning to light up.

Yeah something like 0.5g average for that time on a 0-100 run!

Had some snowy fun the past few days

P7C4wVf.jpg

Edited by sventastic

Looks way better on film... Something something period correct something something...

rmGQMAe.jpg

lsv9Yzd.jpg

Edited by sventastic
  • Upvote 3

so bright and so awesome!

15 hours ago, sventastic said:

Something something period correct something something...

RUNNING IN THE 90S

8 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

so bright and so awesome!

Yes!! I love how orangey-red it came out

4 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

RUNNING IN THE 90S

IS A NEW WAY I LIKE TO BE

Put about 6,000km on the car since I last posted, and it has continued being good to me! A couple weeks ago I replaced both rear wheel bearings and parking brake pads and hardware, along with the final original engine mount - the passenger side one, and trunk struts. It's nice that I've only had to spend about $300 on parts for the last 12,000km of driving... After the mechanical work I spent a day and a half detailing the interior and exterior. I haven't been as lucky with the cosmetic stuff as the mechanical - the clear coat on the rear wing has begun to fail pretty badly, the headliner droop actually came apart at the rear window so it's taped up for the time being, and back in May someone appears to have dropped a bike onto my driver's side rear door and left a nice big dent! That said, those are terribly difficult or expensive fixes, and the car still cleans up like this 🙂

xIjasaI.jpg

01siTSw.jpg

8HxYJ3i.jpg

PsuOjZY.jpg

7rYWgX7.jpg

6GCS6mr.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By skatehouse
      For sale.  1997 Volvo 850R wagon with 17” Pegasus wheels. 
      Everything is complete and in good condition.  Runs strong, shifts smooth but needs a lil’ TLC. Mileage is about 190,000.  (Broken Odo shows 139,000) 
      Asking $2000 obo.  
      Located in Oceanside, CA

• By Jameshufford
      I’ve had my car for a while now and the one thing I’ve watched to learn is diy tuning I purchase the vagcom cable it’s a nice 30 dollar on I did tons of research online because I didn’t want one that sucks I was hopping to use my older obd2 scanner as a pass through to my laptop because it has a usb on the bottom but I couldn’t get it to work, I downloaded tunerpro rt I downloaded the xdf the bins and the adx from the m4.4 wiki and have read the m4.3 wiki I own a battery charger that will easily bring the battery past 13.5v and I have the software that supposedly converts a m4.4 Ecu to not frei from the ac being turned on so now I’m ready to go to the junkyard and get a couple ecus to learn on I’m not going to tune my ecu because it is an original R ecu and I’m afraid to ruin it but I may try to copy the bin from it so I have an r tune, the only real upgrade on the car is the tcv valve is one off of a 06 Saab but it’s the same as the newer Volvo’s but I’m wondering if it is worth it to plug in a m4.4 ecu and deal with all the conversion stuff or just tune another m4.3 ecu maybe find a m4.4 car and grab the injectors too if so which injectors should I look for also I there is a walbro 255 in the Saab that I could use is that worth the trouble to put in the car, I’m not looking to bend rods or pay 300 bucks to have someone do the work that I want to learn and be proficient at I’m very knowledgeable in carburetors and old stuff like that but I really want to learn the ecu stuff especially the oem systems it feels like that is the one thing that holds me back in Being a mechanic  
    • By MasonF
      Hey guys! I just purchased a 1996 850R as a little side project. It's my first Volvo, and I'm excited to fix it up a bit. Need to change the heater core, PCV, flush all the fluids/oil, new plugs, etc.. Drove it home, and it drove really well for being parked for 3 months.
      Planning on a few go-fast parts; new intercooler, boost controller, brakes, and a more efficient exhaust. I've already placed a few orders online, so I'll try and post updates on my progress. If you have any cool parts you want to sell, let me know. :)

• By superleggera
      Finally, my new to me Volvo 850R is en-route from Texas to Augusta, GA. I've long wanted to build one of these cars into a hell-raiser daily driver. Ever since seeing the light of the 5-cylinder in my friends GT40 S60R, I knew I had to have one.
      I digress, this is my first post on Volvospeed, thank you all for the hospitality. The vehicle should be here in two days, so I'm attempting to scramble together the most preferred parts for a full Stage 0 Tuneup.
      I've looked at the IPD Major Service Tune-Up kit, it certainly seems to have all the necessary parts to bring the car up. However, in the interest of future performance (MORE BOOST), I did not know if there is an upgrade Distributor Cap/Wire/Coil Setup preferential to the IPD one.
      Noticed a few people are using the old MSD Blaster coil, and some other different variations of ignition philosphy exist. What, so to speak would be the best set-up to max out a 15G. I will be adding a MBC, tune & full exhaust in very short order.
      I also noticed the preferred method to flush & fill a transmission is to, let me understand this, flush and fill the 6.7 quart sump 3-4 times with Dexron III H fluid or Dexron 6 fluid, then do a flush with all 10 or so quarts with Mobil 1 or a preferred synthetic, correct?
      Any and all advice and input appreciated in advance.
    • By downshifter99
      Hello, got a 1996 850R Estate (wagon) 170,000 miles and have a check engine light on.
      I got the codes ran : P0172 (vacuum line/hose leak) and C0003 TCS Control Channel "B" Valve 1 (subfault).
      What is this C0003 code? I mean, any thoughts what this means?
      I appreciate any and all help as I am trying to get this squared away.
      I used the search and advanced search tool but came up with nada and can't find any info on the web.

1996 850R