Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossthreaders

High offset on Volvo 850

Hi everyone, just joined the forum and hoping I can get some help😁Just purchased my first car, a 94 850 T5 and looking at some different wheels. I had a quick look on here and people are saying that 17x7 and around a 38-40mm offset is the most you’ll be able to fit on an 850. Currently I’m looking at these V50 wheels, the issue is that they are 17x7.5 and have an offset of 52.50. I really quite like them and for $400 for a set of 5 it seems like a good deal. Does anyone know if I can get these to fit/what modifications I’ll have to do? Also, I hear something about late model wheels not fitting because of their hubcentric sizes or something?

The tires on them are 225/45/17 if that helps, I read 225 is as much tire as you can get on an 850 aswell. Any help is appreciated!

2821424C-9615-4A59-AB33-7B2F839D2798.png

297A4019-61C3-4E6E-A76D-B617620783FE.jpeg

I like those wheels...

What suspension are you running? Are you lowered? Modified fender liners? Rolled fenders?

225 45 17 will be overall too tall for the 850 in my opinion regardless of your suspension.

That offset will be fine but I think they have a different size hub bore than the 850...

On 28/09/2018 at 11:29 PM, gmsgltr said:

I like those wheels...

What suspension are you running? Are you lowered? Modified fender liners? Rolled fenders?

225 45 17 will be overall too tall for the 850 in my opinion regardless of your suspension.

That offset will be fine but I think they have a different size hub bore than the 850...

Yeah if you’re in Australia, here’s the link:http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/wheels-tyres-rims/volvo-17-wheels-rims-5-x-108-stud-pattern-225-45-17-tyres/1195058510?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Just dead stock at the moment, nothing done at all haha

Oh alright, well thanks heaps! Guess I’ll look for something with less tire.

yeah after research they’re 63.4 or something so I’d have to get them machined I think. Thanks anyway!

• Similar Content

• By silent-circuit
      Existing mods by previous owner:

Black mesh front grill, LED light bar
      Rear badges blacked out
      Sony touchscreen head unit
      1" drop, Eibach springs, coil-overs
      Elevate front mount intercooler
      Elevate TCV
      EST 3" downpipe 
      Magnaflow exhaust with resonator delete
      Pod style high performance air filter
      Hilton Tuning stage 2.5+ tune
      IPD boost gauge

Just got this a couple days ago, love it already. There are some cosmetic issues to take care of, but it's been well maintained and will make a great platform.

• By DrCrap
      100k miles
      timing belt already done
      its immaculate, i cannot believe i got so lucky.
      Besides changing all the fluids, what should I pre-emptively take care of?

I'm already balls deep watching shifting lanes on youtube and moosetech who work on c30's of the same chassis model. 

Thanks

Some more pix

i am going to start a youtube series about making this beauty better. thanks to (if you're here by any chance) "Mynameideasweretaken" as well 

• By carson3
      Hi all! I'm looking for a recommendation on what to do with this classic car!
      This bad boy has 106,250 miles on him and has his fair share of nicks, dings, and minor bruises. The right front sidemarker assembly lens is missing and sometimes starts in 3rd gear on extended drives.
      Is there any Volvo enthusiast that would fix this guy up? I'd love for it to go into good hands instead of trading it in! 😀

• By cryptophilosopher
      98 99 00 01 02 03 04 VOLVO S70 S40 S80 V40 KEYLESS ENTRY KEY FOB OEM

https://www.amazon.com/VOLVO-S70-S40-KEYLESS-ENTRY/dp/B01M28NQXR/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
    • By Bosozoku_Volvo
      I wasnt sure where to post this exactly, but i figure some of you might appreciate this. if you where at ipd last weekend, you might have seen me there!
      I havent started a build thread for it, but i am making a whiteblock swap thread over on TB right now including this project. 
      98 t5 block, custom clutch disc for a foxbody t5 trans, motronic 4.4 with COP and wideband lambda, stock trimmed harness, cut 960 pan, custom mounts, toyota alternator. i dont have a solid video of it yet, but i figure this weekend after i get the exhaust on it and the wideband hooked up, ill see about making something.