turbo bob

is it worth upgrading my exhaust manifold?

someone please make some japanifold vs r mani sound test within same turboback pipes. The S60R sound isnt that bad after all.. 

Don't need to be flow modeling expert to notice that R mani has slim runners. Guess that helps build boost with small hotside turbos like stock one,still becoming bottleneck with larger units

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, Andzey said:

someone please make some japanifold vs r mani sound test within same turboback pipes. The S60R sound isnt that bad after all.. 

Don't need to be flow modeling expert to notice that R mani has slim runners. Guess that helps build boost with small hotside turbos like stock one,still becoming bottleneck with larger units

I have R mani with straightpiped OBX exhaust. Its less burble more raspy. I prefer the japanifold sound TBH, just too lazy to change back to japanifold mani. 

same hah ^

This is how Sweedish Simons Exhaust sounds with R mani from S60R, and 9blade turbine wheel 19T.

While driving, it seems to me that R manifold fires more sequentially - it is more equal length than the Japanifold, which makes bubbling sound like old subaru. With R mani theres no bubbling, just the 2 stroke engine dirt bike sound

Edited by Andzey

Japanifold with 3" IPD Turboback

• Upvote 1

someone come install a japanafold on my R. you can have my R manifold. kthnxbai.

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, gmsgltr said:

someone come install a japanafold on my R. you can have my R manifold. kthnxbai.

Same. But i wonder if the R mani is better in certain RPM ranges? Maybe the 3.5 -5K? Would the japani be better in the high or low end?

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2019 at 4:02 PM, lowkeyturbo said:

Same. But i wonder if the R mani is better in certain RPM ranges? Maybe the 3.5 -5K? Would the japani be better in the high or low end?

The Jap sound is unique, the R mani flows better... more on the high end when the turbo needs ''room''.