Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bmdubya1198

Koni STR.T or Sachs Struts w/ Nivomat Rear

The time has come to replace the totally dead struts in my V70R, but I'm trying to decide which brand to go with. From my research, I'd like to use Koni STR.T, since I like a firmer ride and want more precise handling than stock. However I'm not sure which would be better with the nivomats, the Konis or Sachs struts. I don't really want to swap the non-nivomat shocks/springs into the rear, as I like the self leveling. I need to replace them anyway, but I'll probably just track down a good used pair... no way in hell I'll spend $600 on shocks!

Is anybody running the orange Koni STR.Ts with nivomats? How does your car handle?

last summer I tried order new R nivos, but they are discontinued, so one can only purchase nonspecific nivos, that probably are same as green, nonR  i. e. regular awd green striped shocks. as to the front end, Konis have adjustable rebound so its additional dimension of freedom to play with. 

20 hours ago, Andzey said:

last summer I tried order new R nivos, but they are discontinued, so one can only purchase nonspecific nivos, that probably are same as green, nonR  i. e. regular awd green striped shocks. as to the front end, Konis have adjustable rebound so its additional dimension of freedom to play with. 

Interesting. I found a good used pair, so that's what I'm going to use for now.

The Koni STR.Ts are non adjustable, but I've read that they are basically like the adjustable yellow Konis on their lowest setting.

Ditch Nivos, install the S70 AWD non-Nivo matching shocks and springs.

Do not mix Nivo helper springs and non-Nivo shocks, you will have a bad time.

Yeah, I've heard the ride is pretty awful. Plus the rear end sits really low with the nivo springs on non-nivo shocks.

I ended up installing a set of used nivos and Koni STR.T struts up front. All is well for now, the true test will be once I get VIDA/DiCE up and running so I can load a tune and start driving the car.