Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justanotherhumanoid

R parts compatibility questions

Hey all, have a chance to pull parts off an '04 S60R (I've got an '06 S60 2.5T AWD), have one or two questions I can't find a solid answer to, hopefully someone can help me out.

1. Will the front and rear bumper off the '04 S60R fit my '06 S60 2.5T AWD?
2. To upgrade to a K24, this thread (link below) mentions modifying a coolant pipe to allow the K24 to physically fit - is there any way to just pull this pipe off an R to avoid having to remove, cut, and weld the coolant pipe? Trying to decide if I should get the K24 off it or not.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?175077-S60-T5-2001-Rebuild-with-KKK24-turbo
3. Anything else I should snag? Already planning to pull the brake calipers, maybe pads and rotors if they're in good shape, probably wheels too.

Thanks all.

J

1. Yes, they swap right on. Here's a before/after: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?144126-My-Car-from-when-I-first-bought-it-3-yrs-ago-an-the-stage-it-currently-at.

2. Yes, you can can just swap the coolant pipe too and all will be fine.

3. Grab the whole brake kit, calipers, pads, rotors, hoses, errethang. Get the other R bits, intake, intercooler piping, etc. Interior if you can and it's in good shape.

The 04 rear bumper has all the plastic trim on it, A downgrade from the 05+ rear bumper, even if yours isn't an R

It's plastic either way, it's just black textured unpainted plastic instead of body color painted plastic. Some people prefer the black textured trim.

But the rest of the trim on the 05+ is painted. The 04 rear bumper is ugly as fuck

I agree, the cleaner look of the 05+ models is nice but the R bumper will also accomodate a larger exhaust tip, to go to a dual tip or similarly large exit on my 2.5T I think I would have to trim the bumper, which I think might be noticeable and pretty ugly.

Wonder if I could paint the black trim pieces. I just repaired painted my front lower bumper cover so it would be a little annoying to replace/repaint it so soon, but maybe worth it. Also I would definitely delete the headlight wipers (weight savings!).

Or maybe I should just leave the bumpers alone and trim or find a tip that fits my stock stuff. Got to respect your opinion, blackt5, I checked out your build and your cars are sick.