Sign in to follow this  
shea_volvo

Need some help with M4.4 tuning, injector calibration

Would anyone be willing to share what values they have for injector calibration? I'm running bosch greens, 15T, no cat, and manual swap on a 2.3L 850, on a road trip currently and reflashed my ECU with the A/C mod and don't think I have the values correct for the injectors (forgot the values i had prior), seems to run abit more rich than usual, plus hanging revs.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/159506-tuners-rejoice-free-tuning-for-m44/?do=findComment&comment=2429166

23 hours ago, gdog said:

Wow I totally forgot I asked in the m4.4 thread, would you still be willing to help? I know I can't get it perfect right now without testing and testing but I currently so hard to shift in traffic 

Edited by shea_volvo

49 minutes ago, shea_volvo said:

Wow I totally forgot I asked in the m4.4 thread, would you still be willing to help? I know I can't get it perfect right now without testing and testing but I currently so hard to shift in traffic 

In that link I cited above, @wildstyle gave you this link to the wiki, which gives you the info you're asking for (typical calibration values for greens): https://m44.fandom.com/wiki/Modified_Vehicles

But you should double check your values via this cal method:  https://m44.fandom.com/wiki/Tuning_the_Injector_constant_and_dead_times

Edited by gdog

Ah yes, I used the values from the wiki, also found the values for adjustment factor and min injector time in the m4.4 forum. But one thing about the opening time by voltage values that the wiki shows for the greens is that the top 2 cells are higher than FF so I just set my top 2 cells to FF and the rest to what the wiki gave. So far so good, car is running a lot more like it used to, still doesn't like to engine break at times though.

When running different sized injectors the enrichment tables need to be reduced/increased the same percentage as the injector constant to get the same acceleration and deceleration transition. 

What do you mean the engine won’t brake? That’s unrelated to the injector sizing. 

On 6/21/2019 at 9:29 PM, Calvin Sonnik said:

When running different sized injectors the enrichment tables need to be reduced/increased the same percentage as the injector constant to get the same acceleration and deceleration transition. 

Just to be clear, this needs to be done when changing from say oranges to blues? I've changed the adjustment factor and opening times based on the values in the Wiki, but haven't changed any enrichment tables.

Does the injector basic adjustment factor take care of the scaling of the enrichment tables, or do you need to do that manually?

On 8/5/2019 at 6:18 PM, Chuck W said:

Does the injector basic adjustment factor take care of the scaling of the enrichment tables, or do you need to do that manually?

What enrichment tables are you referring to?  The WOT one should just be set to all 1's.

1 hour ago, gdog said:

What enrichment tables are you referring to?  The WOT one should just be set to all 1's.

The acceleration enrichment tables as mentioned above.

The 1's in the WOT table for all injector sizes?

1 hour ago, Chuck W said:

The acceleration enrichment tables as mentioned above.

The 1's in the WOT table for all injector sizes?

Aha.  I don't recall hearing about anyone messing with those.  Especially if you're on a small frame turbo.  Leave them alone (and leave WOT enrichment table at all 1's) and just do all your fuel tuning via the VE table.  And yes, even when changing injectors.

Maybe if you're going to large frame turbo and much larger injectors, but even then, I don't know.  Someone with more in depth M4.4 knowledge can chime if they know more.

Edited by gdog
  • Like 1

Cool. I was just going to do blues, but had a bad one so I had to use some greens I had sitting around.

No big mods yet, just wanted to get the M4.4 in the car (97 T5) and start messing with things a bit.

Thanks.