Sign in to follow this  
carson3

Sell or Trade-In 1993 Volvo 850 GLT?

Hi all! I'm looking for a recommendation on what to do with this classic car!

This bad boy has 106,250 miles on him and has his fair share of nicks, dings, and minor bruises. The right front sidemarker assembly lens is missing and sometimes starts in 3rd gear on extended drives.

Is there any Volvo enthusiast that would fix this guy up? I'd love for it to go into good hands instead of trading it in! 😀

tumblr_pwp3tsN7qB1yuy2vro1_1280.jpg

you'd really trade it in? what will they give you, a pack of bubble gum and a new Juul pod for it?

Sell it on your local craigslist or bring it to a scrap yard and get $100 for it in scrap.

You would get better than $100 on trade-in.

Depending on the dealership and the offers you could get anywhere from 1,000-4,000+ on your trade in.  
But depending on your local market you could likely net a solid 2k for the car if its a solid clean daily.  

It's up to you to decide based on dealer incentives for trade ins.  
Our locals always run those *3k over kbb on trade in* deals around the holidays and labor day is Monday.. 

wut

its a 93/94 old volvo

where the hell do people trade in cars for what they are worth? dealerships ALWAYS shaft you... how do we know it really has 106k on it

oh

you are saying get in on a "min trade" incentive... even then, in the fine print, dont they say that the car has to be of a certain standard?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By cryptophilosopher
      98 99 00 01 02 03 04 VOLVO S70 S40 S80 V40 KEYLESS ENTRY KEY FOB OEM

https://www.amazon.com/VOLVO-S70-S40-KEYLESS-ENTRY/dp/B01M28NQXR/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
    • By Crossthreaders
      Hey guys. I’m currently about to purchase a 850 Awd in regent red (I think that’s the colour). I’m just wondering what I should look out for if there is anything. I have a 94 T5 so I’m pretty confident, just entirely unsure about the awd system. Also what kind of power figures can I expect to push through this awd system, and what’s the torque split? I’m guessing it’s front bias? Again I have no experience with the awd, only the fwd so any help is appreciated. If anyone could point me in the right direction for aftermarket parts for the awd that would be sweet.
      I’m planning on around 400awhp and daily driven. Yes I know this will be a fairly substantial build but I have nothing but time. Thanks for any help👍🏾
    • By Crossthreaders
      Hi everyone, just joined the forum and hoping I can get some help😁Just purchased my first car, a 94 850 T5 and looking at some different wheels. I had a quick look on here and people are saying that 17x7 and around a 38-40mm offset is the most you’ll be able to fit on an 850. Currently I’m looking at these V50 wheels, the issue is that they are 17x7.5 and have an offset of 52.50. I really quite like them and for $400 for a set of 5 it seems like a good deal. Does anyone know if I can get these to fit/what modifications I’ll have to do? Also, I hear something about late model wheels not fitting because of their hubcentric sizes or something?
      The tires on them are 225/45/17 if that helps, I read 225 is as much tire as you can get on an 850 aswell. Any help is appreciated!

• By shea_volvo
      So I have a 2000 V70R parts car that I've been gutting, I want to remove the R manifold with the 19T on it and put it on my 94' 855T. I know I can't just slap it on and drive. So my question is what do I need to do to prevent my stock internals motor from throwing a rod. I know I'll need a tune from a place that knows what they're doing, but what other parts if any would I need, someone one told me I'd need a 960 MAF sensor....
      I'm new to this forum so a little info about my 850: Its a stock 2.3L with a 15T turbo, M56L transmission, M4.3 ECU (I have a M4.4 laying around ready for a real tune), and Bosch greens. I used tuner pro to flash a Manual transmission .BIN and edited the constant for the green injectors but i'm not confidant enough to mess with it further as it's my daily driver.
    • By V70-AAAHHHRRR
      Greetings...
      A few 850 and 70-series drivers here may remember posts about the Antenna Down Switch for these cars (Volvo p/n 9204656 -- I believe this is specifically for the black switch, not grey, but I don't believe that matters in terms of wiring).  Here's a classic thread that includes a great photo from Mesoam:
      My question...  I recently picked up the SWITCH ONLY (black, for the 850 interior) on eBay and am now struggling to determine the pinouts for makeshift cabling.  In my scratchy diagram (attached), I believe Pin #5 is the one that should pass +power to the antenna when the switch is in the ON position.  If so, it would seem that I could splice this power in from the head unit's antenna +power output at Pin #s 1 or 3...
      ...but what about the embedded light inside the switch?  Would I need to connect another available ground wire at Pin 1 or 3 (which seem to be hardwired together regardless of switch position)?  Or at 2 or 5?  Or... ?  Can't tell this from that image in the 2005 post.
      Or might anyone have a wiring diagram detailed enough to show this?
      I realize this may be a "play with the wires and figure it out" scenario, but if anyone already has the answer...  Many thanks.