Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrCrap

I'd like some tips to maintain my new (to me) unicorn v50

100k miles

timing belt already done

its immaculate, i cannot believe i got so lucky.

Besides changing all the fluids, what should I pre-emptively take care of?

I'm already balls deep watching shifting lanes on youtube and moosetech who work on c30's of the same chassis model. 

Thanks

Screenshot_20190824-194034_Photos.jpg

Some more pix

i am going to start a youtube series about making this beauty better. thanks to (if you're here by any chance) "Mynameideasweretaken" as well 

00n0n_9aKJvE7iLdn_600x450.jpg

00r0r_2fVRdV6Yx59_600x450.jpg

00y0y_bkxkvZ38Ebp_600x450.jpg

00808_dnKPN5BT1yW_600x450.jpg

01313_9nwaM3EM2aD_600x450.jpg

20190824_135804.jpg

20190824_135808.jpg

20190824_135826.jpg

No sunroof. 

There are some problem looking things, probably left unfinished by the last shop that tried to rip her off before selling it to me. They removed part of the engine cover and never put it back. 

Attaching more pictures 

Screenshot_20190826-110455_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190826-110800_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190826-110953_Photos.jpg

I checked in there and there wasn't oil, just dirt and debris. I'm going to deep clean it when changing spark plugs soon

Screenshot_20190826-110421_Photos.jpg

No sunroof is the best option this car can have. Heat shield is missing over the turbo as well, you sure they didn't stick and engine in this thing?

Either way, get a cover over that timing belt ASAP.

• Similar Content

• By Bosozoku_Volvo
      I wasnt sure where to post this exactly, but i figure some of you might appreciate this. if you where at ipd last weekend, you might have seen me there!
      I havent started a build thread for it, but i am making a whiteblock swap thread over on TB right now including this project. 
      98 t5 block, custom clutch disc for a foxbody t5 trans, motronic 4.4 with COP and wideband lambda, stock trimmed harness, cut 960 pan, custom mounts, toyota alternator. i dont have a solid video of it yet, but i figure this weekend after i get the exhaust on it and the wideband hooked up, ill see about making something. 

• By DwayneCar
      New ro the Volvo thing. I've been looking at a s60 2.4t awd automatic parts car. I have an automatic s60 t5 right now. How compatible are the drivelines?
      Same trans control module?
      Rearend and drive shape bolt up?
      Ect. 
      Thanks for any help, I'll continue to use the search engine and see what I can find
    • By 06T5M66
      New to the forum and need some advice from you volvo loving gurus. I was looking on craigslist for a comfortable familyish project car and ended up buying a 2006 S60 T5 with the m66 6 speed. I got a screaming deal on it because it has a broken timing belt. I didn't know how awesome this particular model was until i started doing a bit of research. That led to the desire to do more then just fix the bent valves. While trying to find a good used head (not easy to find on this dual cvvt model) I stumbled across a wrecking yard 2 1/2 hours away that has a 06 s60r. I started thinking about what upgrades I could salvage from it and decided to go get the brakes, bumpers, and side skirts. I get there and the side skirts are gone and the rear bumper lower trim was missing so i decided to bail on the body parts. The salesman I called in advance to make sure the parts were available felt really bad amd said "I'll make you a good deal on whatever parts you want" I decided to take full advantage of this and ended up with the following off the s60r: Calipers, rotors, Instrument cluster, steering wheel and complete motor (suppose to run excellent). Total investment at this point $1600 ! Im trying to decide what to do next. I would like 300hp to the wheels but the tune and supporting mods are a bit pricey and at this point im thinking i would like to get it drivable for under 1k additional budget. I'm thinking of ordering timing kit, clutch kit, mt90 trans fluid, high flow Down Pipe. I want your opinions of what would be best to do with budget in mind. I'm unsure of how much HP the stock replacement clutch (30783259)can handle. Also i leak down tested the replacement s60r motor and the valves are sealing amazingly well but 1 cylinder has 25% loss past the rings. Wrecking yard said they compression tested it and it was 140 psi across the board (I call bs). So i start looking the motor over and checked the low cylinder with a boroscope and it looks beautiful! Super nice honing marks still with no visible scratches. The oil looks like 10k used diesel oil (super black). Im thinking the lack of maintenance may have caused buildup on the rings. Im currently soaking that cylinder in marvel mystery oil hoping the may fix the leak down results on that cylinder. I've never been interested in volvos (uncommon cars where i live) until this purchase. So after 2 weeks of reading these boards my brain hurts. All that being said what would you guys do? I realize i wont get the car where i want it with only 1k current budget but i would like to make it easy for when I've got the cash for the tune and exhaust.

• By Crossthreaders
      Hi everyone, just joined the forum and hoping I can get some help😁Just purchased my first car, a 94 850 T5 and looking at some different wheels. I had a quick look on here and people are saying that 17x7 and around a 38-40mm offset is the most you’ll be able to fit on an 850. Currently I’m looking at these V50 wheels, the issue is that they are 17x7.5 and have an offset of 52.50. I really quite like them and for $400 for a set of 5 it seems like a good deal. Does anyone know if I can get these to fit/what modifications I’ll have to do? Also, I hear something about late model wheels not fitting because of their hubcentric sizes or something?
      The tires on them are 225/45/17 if that helps, I read 225 is as much tire as you can get on an 850 aswell. Any help is appreciated!

• By blackc30probs
      2008 Volvo C30 1.0 T5 with 130k miles.
      On cold startup the car runs rough bouncing between 1500-2000 rpm for about 10 sec before returning to 1500 until it is warm, the following codes have appeared: P0101 MAF circuit range/performance, and P0300 Random/ Multiple cylinder misfire. I have taken the following steps to solve the issue:

About a year ago Cylinder 3 coil pack was replaced due to P303 code (issue was solved, just added as background)
      New MAF sensor was installed (after attempting to clean the stock Bosch unit, which also didn’t stop the code from reappearing) 2 weeks ago
      All 5 spark plugs replaced with Bosch units (3 months ago)
      New air filter, which was installed at the same time as the spark plugs

The MAF problem started about a month ago, but the rough idle only 2 weeks ago, even after clearing the codes, they return after 1 or 2 driving cycles. Rough start up even happens after codes are cleared. 

Anybody had this issue, or have any advice as to what the next steps should be?