Sign in to follow this  
gdog

tasca parts.com

Does anyone use tasca anymore?  I've never used them, but I've heard others on the forums think they're great.  But every time I've looked at their website, I don't see how you would find the parts you're looking for.  I enter my car MY, model, etc. enter what part I want into the search box, and then it returns results for GM, Mazda, etc. cars; WTH??!

And they get terrible reviews on customer service too.  https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.tascaparts.com

It's simple, take part numbers from FCP or VADIS/VIDA and paste it into their search.

Then they typically come out the cheapest of all for blue box bits.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I've used them a lot but I always start with a part number. Been happy with them overall but shipping is never cheap from them, be sure to factor that into your decision. I've never interacted with their customer service.

Typically FCP's prices are a little higher for blue box, but their free shipping over $49 outweighs the price difference.

I bounce between Tasca and FCP. Had many fine experiences with customer service on the phone. The shipping prices can be a little weird. Bumper cover Lisle wants $36 to ship they quote out at $250.  Sometimes there will be a delay as they don't stock everything they list. normally another 3-5 days is added to the order time. 

Tasca's customer service is really good, I've never had a bad experience. They have things that FCP doesn't, and you can be sure it's the blue box. 

I've used Tasca a couple times, but nothing spectacular about them. their site kind of sucks if you don't have a part number. 

I try to stick with FCP and the prices are pretty close once you get to the free-shipping minimum order. Plus the lifetime warranty from FCP is outstanding!

As someone who's outside of the US, I get absolutely raped on shipping by both Tasca & FCP. Usually it comes down to FCP's warranty or the outright lower cost of Tasca.

Shipping is so expensive that I've made all of my most recent purchases through the dealership.

13 hours ago, quiksilver said:

As someone who's outside of the US, I get absolutely raped on shipping by both Tasca & FCP. Usually it comes down to FCP's warranty or the outright lower cost of Tasca.

Shipping is so expensive that I've made all of my most recent purchases through the dealership.

Ever come down to buffalo? Send it to me and I can leave it out for you to pickup. I know it's a bit if a faff but still. 

I've ordered from Tasca tons of times over the last decade or so, never once had a problem.  I think my last order was only a month or so ago.  I've never had shipping be too crazy, but I'm only a couple hours away in NY.

I usually order wear items (ie, spark plugs) from FCP but if its something that I won't need to replace (ie, angle gear vent, rear window molding) then I order from Tasca.  They're one of, if not the, cheapest option for OEM parts.  Their site isn't the most user friendly, so part numbers are your best bet to efficiently find what you need.

When I lived in RI, I would go to their physical dealership as well, but it's been years since I've done that.  

Well based on all the positive feedback, I was ready to place my first tasca order, until I saw this:

image.png.81bc9cbcfca386bb7e938db4b9b850e9.png

Over $70 shipping for a head gasket, 4 cam seals, and 20 valve guide seals?!!  Does it come in a gold box?  :a-farmboy:

May as well go to the dealer and keep it local.

So I dissected this tasca order some more to see where the exorbitant shipping was coming from. 

At first I thought it was maybe the head gasket since it is kind of bulky.  So I trimmed my order to just the head gasket, but then the shipping was only $11.52, so that's not it.

It's the 20 valve guide seals!  Didn't think these things were that heavy?   I know they're not bulky!

image.png

image.png

Edited by gdog

The valve seals are tiny and weigh less than a pound all together.. Seems ridiculous.  FCP is the way to go!