Sign in to follow this  
gsingley

1996 Volvo 850 5 speed manual, Sacramento CA

We are downsizing the number of cars we have and have recently upgraded for our daughter.  

This 1996 850 has R package wheels, new tires (maybe 250 miles), sunroof, good brakes, recently tuned, new heater core, new radiator, and new starter.

Here's the deal: this car is cosmetically in need of a facelift.  If I had the time, space, and money, I would keep it.  Interior is rough, exterior has a lovely patina where the clearcoat is cracked/faded, and had a rebuilt front end (no frame damage): headlight assembly frame and hood.  Alignment is true and tight (our local guy used to race cars, and when he replaced balljoints, etc. he set these things perfectly and we have not needed an alignment since, about 7 years, and there is no evidence of wear).  

EDIT: Apologies, I thought this was in the earlier draft.  The car is a hard crank; mimics a weak battery (battery is new), blows white smoke for a few seconds upon start, then runs fine.  I drove it in stop and go traffic 18 miles on a very hot day (95+) and brought it back.  It was boiling over, but not overheating.  

I would consider this one of two things: A project car for someone who wants to put it back together, or a parts car for someone who wants a 5 speed and some new cooling system parts for a decent price.

Asking $850 obo.

IMG_4695.JPG

IMG_4705.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

Edited by gsingley
updating content (start), and adding pics.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Cheddarhead
      193K on the odo.  Engine / Transmission / clutch all work perfectly.  Needs rear brakes and Lower Radiator hose.
      This is a normally-aspirated 5 speed manual transmission wagon.  It has slight / modest rust on the front fenders, due to the fact that it's endured 20 winters here in salt-soaked Wisconsin.
      Other / misc comments:
      Leather interior.  Seat cushions are appropriately cracked / broken-in.  Sunroof / power windows all work.
      Factory Black paint is actually not bad for a 20 yr old car...with the exception of cracking in the clearcoat on the roof.
      Timing belt and Water Pump were done in August 2014.
      Mass Airflow Sensor was replaced in 2015.
      New Cat converter in 2016.
      Includes Volvo option rooftop bike carrier and ski racks.
      Currently registered and insured, although both expire shortly.  This is / was my DD for the past 3 years.
      Not planning to part-out.  Either it sells whole, or I will donate it...unless you make an offer I can't refuse!
      Pics available by request / email.
      Asking $1.5K, including racks and a 2nd set of steel rims for snow tires.