Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProjectT-5R

Quick Amp Question

Can I run 4 speakers and a Sub off a 4 channel amp if it says it is non-bridgeable? What would make and amp non-bridgeable?

And yes it is a POS amp.

No. You would need a 5 channel amp since your have 4 speakers and a sub. Plus I have never heard of a non-bridgable amp unless it is one channel. If it was bridgable you could run two of your speakers and bridge your other two channels for the sub. But I would be interested what Bing-O has to say about this.

Does it say Tri mode capable anywhere?

I ask because of this... you have 2 sets of 2 chans. Some amps can run one of those 2 chan sets to run two 6.5's and a 10" sub or something like that.

In that case, you could run the front doors with one set and the back doors with the other set of channels... and then put the sub to split the rear set of channels. What I mean by this is - basically bridging the two chanels to act as one for your sub and they'll act as 2 chans for the door speakers.

Got the instruction booklet? Start reading :-D

If it says non bridgeable, that means it doesn't have the cross circuitry that will allow for one chan to be run from the two.

I know what Bing would say - if the amp can't run the 5 chans... or at least I would know something close to what he would say... Bing would say - screw the rear doors, get some kick panels for the front and run two channels to that and then get a dual voice coil sub (which has two sets of pos/neg) and run the rear two chans to the sub with the proper crossover to cut out the high frequency :-)

How did I do bing? hahahaha

Adrian

hahaha, pretty close bud, pretty close :) but hehe, for this questions, yet it is physically possible, not sure how well it would sound though...

if the amp is 2ohm stable in stereo, you wire all four speakres to the front two channels, and then just use ONE of hte rear channels to run the sub, leaving the other hcannel unused hehe

if its not 2ohm stereo stable, then its gets tricky :P you run four spakers in series to get 8ohm stereo on the front two channels, and hten do the same as above for the sub...its possible ;)

b

well, I like the 2 ohm stable idea...

but I still say get a 2 voice coil sub and run one SUB rca to the back and split it for the two chans... and put one chan for each voice coil... :-)

Oh yeah, and dont forget the crossover to cut out all the trebble :-)

Adrian