Sign in to follow this  
hgray14

Cruise Control - 2005 XC 70

The cruise control doesn't work in my 2005 XC 70.  I have tried the trick with pulling up on the brake pedal (or whatever that trick is - I followed those instructions a while ago but to no avail.)  When I press the cruise control button on the steering wheel, "cruise" shows up on my dash, so clearly it is getting some power.  However, it does not work other than that.

1) Is this something that is commonly fixed by replacing the controller that is on the steering wheel or is it more common that it is a different issue/fix? 

2) How hard is it to replace the controller on the steering wheel? 

3) Am I better off replacing the whole steering wheel with a used one (with a working cruise control?)

You need to scan this car with VIDA and see what faults are stored. You likely have a fault in one of the pedal position sensors or BCM fault that is preventing cruise control from working.

• Upvote 1

I miss the old 850 where all I did was replace the column stem. 

Can I assume that the bluetooth OBDII reader isn't going to cut it for pulling these kinds of codes?

You need to pickup a bootleg copy of VIDA/DICE if you  are going to attempt any DIY diagnosis on these cars. You're pissing in the wind otherwise.