Sign in to follow this  
O.R

Piston rings end gap.

Hi

I bought new set of STD piston rings Hastings 2C4528 to my B5254t engine. End gap is 0.5mm with these new ones, with old ones end gap is 0.4mm.

Will it cause problems if i use 0.5mm end gap?

A blowby and crankcase pressure. If following widely accepted rule of thumb of 4 thousands per diameter  it would be no more than some 0.35 mm

I think i'm going to clean old ones and use them, engine was working fine before i bent my second and third connection rod. Oil consumption was about 2-3 liters in 10 000 km , there was couple small leaks and five exhaust valve stem seals was leaking and piston oil ring channels was blocked by carbon.

Edited by O.R

The B5254T although RN remain several archaic parts as heavy crank, 139 mm rods etc. 

Choice of donor engine relies on your building plans - planning forged rods, pistons, both? 

Today i bought B5254T 99 RN version engine. Did not check yet, but it should have 139 mm rods, i have already 139 mm maxpeeding H-rods. I use stock pistons.

Plan is to make about 250-300 hp max at crank, so the block should be handle it. I need to upgrade my 13G turbo to some larger unit. Should i use RN head or N head?

Edited by O.R