Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silent-circuit

Silent's 2006 S40 T5 AWD - Progress Log

Existing mods by previous owner:

Black mesh front grill, LED light bar

Rear badges blacked out

Sony touchscreen head unit

1" drop, Eibach springs, coil-overs

Elevate front mount intercooler

Elevate TCV

EST 3" downpipe 

Magnaflow exhaust with resonator delete

Pod style high performance air filter

Hilton Tuning stage 2.5+ tune

IPD boost gauge

Just got this a couple days ago, love it already. There are some cosmetic issues to take care of, but it's been well maintained and will make a great platform.

IMG_20191231_164710.thumb.jpg.fea9dffeb65190ca29e1b635d22e855f.jpg

IMG_20191231_164642.thumb.jpg.e78730b13f9107b63f675cb74f7b223e.jpg

IMG_20191231_164724.thumb.jpg.30bfe8ea2751713fcfa239dcf35c29f5.jpg

IMG_20191231_164740.jpg

19 hours ago, silent-circuit said:

Just got this a couple days ago, love it already. There are some cosmetic issues with it I plan to take care of, but it's been well taken care of and will make a great platform.

Platform for........ ? :D

Looks pretty clean, so what are your plans?

On 1/1/2020 at 10:12 PM, lookforjoe said:

Platform for........ ? :D

Looks pretty clean, so what are your plans?

Eventually, a fully built (pistons, rods, crank, fuel system, reinforced block, etc) engine and a bigger turbo. Will clean it up cosmetically over the next 6 months to a year, and if all goes well, buy something else as a daily beater so I can go full show car / weekend cruiser / autocross with this. All new interior (looking in to getting a custom headliner - the Swedish flag), upgrade the speakers, Dynamat the doors, etc. Already have a vanity plate request in - 4SWEDEN. ;)

It's already incredibly capable in its current form, but I can't imagine daily driving it with even more power and harder suspension. Love this thing, most fun car I've ever owned -- had me grinning like an idiot all day yesterday just driving around town at low speeds, and the couple times I got a chance to really lay in to it on an on ramp were impressive. Definitely want to get it dynoed soon, curious what kind of power it's making as is.

Already ordered new plastic fog light trim for the driver's side and a new center stack / waterfall (existing is all scratched up from a poorly done DIY stereo install) and replacement shift boot. Picked up a headlight restore kit and detailing supplies yesterday, going to work on cleaning and washing this weekend. Also looking at the local pick-a-parts for a Gen3 rear Haldex unit from a V8 XC90 to put more rear bias on the AWD system. Also on the lookout for an aftermarket intake manifold to replace the ugly plastic stock one.

It won't stay red. A full respray or wrap is in the nearish future, either a dark gray, silver, or flat black. Maybe Polestar blue? Not sure yet.

Existing mods by previous owner:

Black mesh front grill, LED light bar

Rear badges blacked out

Sony touchscreen head unit

1" drop, Eibach springs, coil-overs

Elevate front mount intercooler

Elevate TCV

EST 3" downpipe 

Magnaflow exhaust with resonator delete

Pod style high performance air filter

Hilton Tuning stage 2.5+ tune

IPD boost gauge

• Similar Content

• By ksb
      Our much beloved V70R (~110K miles) overheated on a family trip from Oakland to LA this week.  It now sits at a dealer/service station waiting either for us to pour more money into it than we can afford right now, or for you to come and pick it up.  Asking $1500, OBO.  Then you can either fix the thermostat (and possibly head gasket) yourself, or part it out.
      We are the original owners, with complete service records.  Right before this trip, it had a regular service and new front brakes done (but, ugh, not the thermostat).
      Needs to happen by Weds July 8, in Los Angeles. Paypal, Venmo works.
      (1st side facing pic is from this week, dash board & down facing pic from last year.)

• By Tuthles
      I'm new to Volvo's. I have a 2004 Volvo S40 1.9t automatic. My transmission is starting to go bad. I would like to swap the stock automatic with a p2 M56. Would it bolt to my engine? What mounts do I need? Is there a conversion kit I can purchase? Anything else I would need to know or purchase for this to be possible?
    • By DrCrap
      100k miles
      timing belt already done
      its immaculate, i cannot believe i got so lucky.
      Besides changing all the fluids, what should I pre-emptively take care of?

I'm already balls deep watching shifting lanes on youtube and moosetech who work on c30's of the same chassis model. 

Thanks

Some more pix

i am going to start a youtube series about making this beauty better. thanks to (if you're here by any chance) "Mynameideasweretaken" as well 

• By Bosozoku_Volvo
      I wasnt sure where to post this exactly, but i figure some of you might appreciate this. if you where at ipd last weekend, you might have seen me there!
      I havent started a build thread for it, but i am making a whiteblock swap thread over on TB right now including this project. 
      98 t5 block, custom clutch disc for a foxbody t5 trans, motronic 4.4 with COP and wideband lambda, stock trimmed harness, cut 960 pan, custom mounts, toyota alternator. i dont have a solid video of it yet, but i figure this weekend after i get the exhaust on it and the wideband hooked up, ill see about making something. 

• By DwayneCar
      New ro the Volvo thing. I've been looking at a s60 2.4t awd automatic parts car. I have an automatic s60 t5 right now. How compatible are the drivelines?
      Same trans control module?
      Rearend and drive shape bolt up?
      Ect. 
      Thanks for any help, I'll continue to use the search engine and see what I can find