Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KMF

v70r AWD transmission rebuild

Hi im new to this forum and this is my first post.

i have a V70r 1999 

there seems to be difficult to find a gearbox replacement 1208943. Reason for replacement is the gears are slipping when the atf is hot. I want to rebuild it but instead of taking down the one on the car I’m looking for one used I can rebuild and swap with the one on the car.

my questions is: can i use other gearboxes F.ex 1208942 from xc70? 

Does anybody here know What might be wrong with the one i have? No DTCs!

Does anybody have A 1208943 they might wanna sell? Or maybe 8111193..

other things I can do except flush as I just did that? 12l jws3309+treatments+leakstop

where is the Volvo race mechanics ? 😅

1528E9B0-3EFB-43B3-BC3D-EE6A1FCA5D7B.jpeg

• Similar Content

• By getscandi
      Hey guys! I’m new to the forum but I’ve been in the swedish car scene for years, mainly on the Saab side but times change and I’ve been behind the wheel of a P2 v70 2.5t for over a year now. Im a mechanic by trade and never really needed to make a post about something, i always found the info i need thru research but i have come to a dead end today with this one... 😭
      So here it is: 
      im currently in the middle of a manual trans swap in my 07 v70 2.5t.
      Donor car is a 02 s60 t5m that came with a  m56lk trans that has a 23spline count. (Apparently rare year/trans/spline combo). i dont know if the transmission in this donor is original or not...
      My original plan was to used 850r PP and clutch disk, with 850 resurfaced flywheel because im building on a budget and that was by far the best option for me, but that setup is 20splines... 😕
      Since im building for a bit of performance ( 20T, green injectors, 80mm turboback and hilton stage 3)  going single mass was the move i wanted but now it seems i cant go that route... 
      Anybody running a SMF with a 23splines transmission here? I wanna order the right parts one time, there’s no guessing here lol, i dont have the time and money to take the transmission on and off and spent huge amounts of money on a clutch and flywheel kit that doesn’t work! 🙈
      this is the last thing i need to figure out before i start the build... trans is ready with 3 new seals on, new clutch line, new clips and orings just arrived, and all the other parts needed have been salvaged from my donor car! 

And one last thing😝:  
      i looked over the wiring for shifter gear selector and for reverse lights, i know there’s a bit of work/wiring to be done there and it doesn’t scare me...
      But my question is:  Should i keed some particular wires from the manual donor and splice them over? Sections of wiring?  Just dont wanna leave anything behind before  i send the donor to the recycler ♻️ 😊

Thank guys! ✌🏼
      Brick on 🧱 

• By ksb
      Our much beloved V70R (~110K miles) overheated on a family trip from Oakland to LA this week.  It now sits at a dealer/service station waiting either for us to pour more money into it than we can afford right now, or for you to come and pick it up.  Asking $1500, OBO.  Then you can either fix the thermostat (and possibly head gasket) yourself, or part it out.
      We are the original owners, with complete service records.  Right before this trip, it had a regular service and new front brakes done (but, ugh, not the thermostat).
      Needs to happen by Weds July 8, in Los Angeles. Paypal, Venmo works.
      (1st side facing pic is from this week, dash board & down facing pic from last year.)

• By YV1LW
      A7737.pdfA7610.pdfA7608.pdfWanted 1998 V70R driver door interior panel. Interior code 3866.A0636.pdf
    • By Shane E
      99’ V70R wagon for sale best offer. Black with tan interior. 159K. Timing belt @ 111k, head rebuilt @ 128k. New heater core and radiator. Rebuilt rear driveline @ 130k but now removed because it started to vibrate. ABS light is on and abs is non-functional. Nice interior and no dents on exterior. Located in 83422. Text me for pics.. Shane, two 08 31three 9zero46
    • By 05V70RGT
      A slightly neglected but making a comeback, 70R that is just itching to find a motivated owner. Nearly every month, we all read, or hear about, another R selling for CRAZY money. This particular R is NOT crazy money. It's reasonable money. $4000.00 and who knows, it may be even cheaper. What I would REALLY be interested in, is a TRADE. STRAIGHT ACROSS. CAR FOR CAR. 

MINE; 2005 VOLVO V70R ONE OF 674
      190,000. Mostly fwy commute miles silver paint with the typical Gobi colored leather. Yes, it would be nice if it were flash green with Atacama but it's not. Clean title, never been involved in any significant accidents. NO panel has been repainted. Has a few of the typical umps and bruises but nothing big. Interior is Gobi leather and is a little tired. CaR starts easily, idles nicely, revs like a pissed off banshee,  has a working 4C system, all three settings, NO CHECK ENGINE LITE, NO codes other than ignition ring and rear wiper motor. 
      Automatic trans with a new, Quality replacement, valve body including all eight shift solenoids. New, not ebay Chinese "reman" solenoids as well as all new proper transmission fluid. I have set adaptation thru VIDA only to find out that the VIN LOCKED TCU is probably "bricked" and needs a XEMODEX replacement.  APPROXIMATELY  $499.95  I just don't want to deal with it as I have other cars and projects in various stages of completion and have no room. 
      If I were to keep it, I would absolutely do an M66 Install as this conversion alone seems to make people go mad and throw huge amounts of cash at owners. 
      If I had the room I'd strip it bare and make it a 6 speed track only car with full cage etc.
      Yours; 95-97 855R  prefer red but any R color would work. Needs to be in reasonably decent condition. NO SALVAGED TITLE. Must run. NO more than 2 years out for tags. I understand how old they are and how crappie the interior plastic is now so I won't freak about a cracked or broken interior. PLEASE,  NO TOTAL POS CARS BUT SOME ISSUES ARE EXPECTED 
      Interested? Let me know what you're thinking and maybe we can make something happen