Sign in to follow this  
RobT5M

Metal plate infront of PS pump X70

Good morning ol boys.

Curious and hopeful if anyone would happen to have the metal plate and bar (the bolt cover spacer piece) that are positioned infront of and next/above the power steering pump on the p80 x70 series?

Would you be willing to just pull it from your pile and ship it to me?  Id pay shipping of course.

I want to try my hand at using one of our big ass machines in the shop and engrave a logo into it and then sand blast and paint.

• Upvote 1

Forget this post lmao.

It's $7 from my local dealership. 😅😅 😅😅 😅😅 😅😅 😅😅

• Upvote 1

What would you etch in? I'd have to think of something ironic and funny.  "straight 6 minus 1".  "Trumpet Eater". "Rice cooker"

2 hours ago, Quip1337x said:

What would you etch in? I'd have to think of something ironic and funny.  "straight 6 minus 1".  "Trumpet Eater". "Rice cooker"

Was actually going to originally cut the florida volvo community logo into it, but now im just going to engrave it, don't want to risk structural (although im not sure there really is any) I think its just to help keep the pump clean.  

I don't know a lot but it looks to me that it might just be there to protect that power steering reservoir and what's behind it in a front end wreck. That's what i thought when cleaning my engine. (we have the same) Just looks like extra protection.