Hi Folks,

I need to put my 2017 Volvo S60 in storage for several months and wanted to jack it and put it on jack stands. The volvo manual is clear on front end placement but has nothing for the rear. Any thoughts on where to place the rear jack stands so as to not cause any damage?

Cheers

The manual has you lift the back corner via the pinch weld under the back door by the tire. This is the only place they show for lifting. There is a pinch weld area about 4 inches forward of this, but the manual shows a red X on the graphic to not use it. Curious.....

• 5 weeks later...

I have a '91 240 wagon and am looking for advice on jacking up the rear end. I know there are posts in front of the rear wheels where the standard jack is supposed to go to raise the vehicle, but I figured on using them for my jackstands as they fit so well. I have been told that jacking up on the rear differential is both a great and horrible thing to do. forpc.onl jiofi local html

Edited by takeone

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By wjkjr
      I have some parts left over from my 96 850 that was totaled. 
      Make me an offer. This stuff needs a new home. Your offer plus the shipping listed. Be fair and you will get your wish. 
      (1) Cruise control Relay module #1378076 - Personally Tests Good - Shipping is $5
      (1) Turn Signal arm - Personally Tests Good - Shipping is $5
      Was told the turn signal cruise control arm works for S/V/XC 70's through model year 2000, you should verify if installed in other than 850.
      *******************************************************************************************************
      (1) Tire Jack and lug wrench, tie down, hardware and foam insert - $18.84 Large flat rate
      (2) Beck Arnley Steering Rack Boot kit - Part# 103-2734 - $13.50 medium flat rate

(1) Factory Owner/User Manual - Decent Condition  - make offer $7 small flat rate
      PayPal only - I will use USPS Priority Flat rate as much as possible which gets delivered in 2-3 days. If it won't fit I send UPS ground. 
      Thanks for Looking!
      wjkjr

• By tighe
      I have never liked the OEM jack for my 1998 V70, too wobbly and unsteady on anything but perfectly flat asphalt. I'd like to puchase a more stable scissor-type jack, that can still be hidden away with the doughnut.

Anybody have experience using an older OEM 940 jack with newer models?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLVO-240-740-940-OEM-Factory-Jack-1355190-/181416728513?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3d4797c1&vxp=mtr

• By JA VOLVO
      I am rebuilding my front end. New control arms, CJ's delrin subframe bushings, Koni oranges, IPD springs and anti-sways and various associated hardware.

I found this thread (http://volvospeed.com/~volvo/Mods/sway_front.html) and it shows them on a reinforced patch behind the subframe brackets. However, I do not see a reinforced patch behind my brackets. Mine do not curve up like in the pictures and appear to be pushing in as I lower the car on the stands, so I stopped.

Anyone who has done this on their C70 can tell me for sure? I have the car jacked up now...