F15 X5 and E30 Activities

gilber33

40 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

what a salesman

nah it looks awesome - wish you kept a volvo for a little bit but hey, you always seem to come back

Having the R and the e30 doesn't make sense to me. They're from the same era, but I prefer the BMW. 

Man, I always try looking for a newer Volvo for a DD, but the prices for them are insane. Like the prvious generation V60s I like. But for a 2015 with almost 100k miles they're going for $25k! And then it wasn't until the newest generation of Volvos were they even on par with other manufacturers for tech. So it's like you pay more for outdated technology. Idk. 

I like the P2 XC90s, and those are relatively affordable. But they're big. And I don't need/want a car that big when I'm by myself 90% of the time. I honestly don't know what I want. I just know that I don't want the 850 and the e30. 

• Upvote 1

Totally agree ^ - i actually made an offer on a 15.5 xc70 t6 with every single option a few months ago now and glad i didnt get it - 98k miles 23k doll hairs. thats nuts. ill let someone else eat that crazy markup haha.

this is why i sold my gti and only have the R. The kids rarely are with me or if they are we are all together in the xc90. im working from home mostly. I keep asking myself why do i have the R? to fucking drive it and enjoy it. fitting my dual exhaust xc bumper today on it and welding full 3" dual exhaust this weekend. want to get it like you said... where I can enjoy cleaning it not rebuilding every corner of it haha.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mojojo said:

I think you'll get your along price for this car.

Not holding my breath, but might be sold already. Ran home a little early today to get some pictures due to a rainy weekend coming up. 

111D2B08-51F9-4B4B-96DB-B6AF072E9485.jpeg

FC2DB956-D1BC-4977-9F1B-EF25E3ECF533.jpeg

829B6832-8A9D-467A-8E56-EC5E2FE1D679.jpeg

707369BD-F36E-46DF-9081-EE8CBBB72BA0.jpeg

3 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

Totally agree ^ - i actually made an offer on a 15.5 xc70 t6 with every single option a few months ago now and glad i didnt get it - 98k miles 23k doll hairs. thats nuts. ill let someone else eat that crazy markup haha.

That’s ridiculous. Like I love Volvos, but there are “better” cars with more tech for less. 

I’ll likely be looking at Q5’s primarily. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gilber33 said:

Not holding my breath, but might be sold already. 

That was quick.  

I wanted a red R, but couldn't find one.  My black one has severed me well though.  :)

It's not perfect, but it looks like a solid, well-sorted R. This would serve as a great starting point for someone. I think your price is fair and reasonable for both parties.

It has a nice sway bar too...

65NrQaX.jpg

Edited by mojojo

17 hours ago, Zappo said:

That was quick.  

I wanted a red R, but couldn't find one.  My black one has severed me well though.  :)

You’ve had that one for a realllly long time, right? 

3 hours ago, mojojo said:

It's not perfect, but it looks like a solid, well-sorted R. This would serve as a great starting point for someone. I think your price is fair and reasonable for both parties.

It has a nice sway bar too...

65NrQaX.jpg

Absolutely. It’s far from perfect. I think it has the right amount of patina to be a car that you can drive and not worry about a stone chip. But I think that’s how all cars should be. Mechanically, it’s ready to get in and drive and enjoy. 

What strut bar is it? Reminds me of the old IPD ones. 

5 hours ago, gilber33 said:

You’ve had that one for a realllly long time, right? 

Almost 20 years.  I bought it with 67,000 miles, it currently has 342,000.  It has been my daily driver the entire time, except when I break it racing. :)

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Zappo said:

Almost 20 years.  I bought it with 67,000 miles, it currently has 342,000.  It has been my daily driver the entire time, except when I break it racing. :)

Wow. That is impressive and massively respectable. 

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

That's an old school TME bar.

Good to know! 

Off to its new home. Big Volvo guy. Getting it for his daughters to drive. I’m a little sad, but happy knowing it’s going to a good home, and also relieved that I only have one older car and no impending projects. My daughters were a sad and going to miss Daddy’s Red Race Car.  But happy when I said we’re keeping the gray race car. 

CC4B4102-87AC-4B9D-A251-7482CAA0DC3B.thumb.jpeg.2f7cb0004bd32a40cfa62430e3716620.jpeg

0AEDA8F3-0D3D-4F62-90E6-30FAB12FFF79.thumb.jpeg.fba381fd0007d281c7189e6a0f43675e.jpeg

• Upvote 5

• gilber33 changed the title to XXXXXXX and E30 Activities
  • gilber33 changed the title to F15 X5 and E30 Activities