Sign in to follow this  
djscoggins

Did You Know...

lol, this is the biggest bunch of bullshti i have ever read. No offense to the writer, but you have no idea what you are talking about. There is no way in hel that you are going to say that the japanese were worse then the germans or vise versa. Too much too type but i can prove u wrong really easily.

Oh really now, just how much history have you studied?

Read 'The Rape of Nanking' and 'The Yamato Dynasty' and then lets talk. Believe me, all sorts of Japanese war crimes were ignored in the name of stopping communism. Besides, much of the population of the US cared a lot more about what happened in Europe cuz their ancestors came from there.

It ain't bullsheet and I do know what I am talking about. Just what are your credentials as a historian?

lol, this is the biggest bunch of bullshti i have ever read. No offense to the writer, but you have no idea what you are talking about. There is no way in hel that you are going to say that the japanese were worse then the germans or vise versa. Too much too type but i can prove u wrong really easily.

Have at it :) (proving your point that is)

Yes the germans were bad but the japanese killed an estimated 380,000 in 3 weeks in NanKing.

Some historians said that the deathtoll has been estimated at 21-28 million people. Let that sink in a moment... thats probably 10% of the population of the entire USA at that time.

They made children murder their own parents and fathers rape their daughters. I do not discredit the Hollocaust by any amount and I feel for the survivors and the people lost... but germany has made reperations to the jews... Japan has yet to even acknowledge much apologize or make reperations. The US isnt innocent either.

Both situations were horrendous and should have never happened. The point of this thread was not to argue about who killed more people... it was the fact that I never heard of this event.

Finally...the intelligent VS people...

Excellent thread and a very enlightening topic.

Yes...the Japanese were the pinnacle of horror. Very true...very sad.

Yes...history teachings are false and highly sanitized...or outright lies.

Just wait to hear what your gandkids get taught about what is happening now.

Check out "Lies My Teacher Told Me : Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong" by James W. Loewen. Wow...great book!!!

Let the self-education begin!

In no way am i supporting the Nazis, Hitler, the Holocaust, or war for any reason of anykind but i would like to say this...

Most Nazis, at least many, did not believe in what hitler stood for. My mom's boyfriend is German born, and imigrated here. His uncle was a Nazi soldier. His uncle turned 18, joined the Nazi army, 2 weeks later was captured by the russians and spent the next 10 years as a russian POW being beaten everyday on very little food. He said all the smokers died because they would trade food for cigaretts and starved. He joined the Nazi army because he needed to eat. He couldn't hunt or farm in the winter and there was no food anywhere. No on had money. The Hungarian army was broke, couldn't afford enough food or amunition or wepons for their soldiers. The same for the german army. The Nazi army was where all the money went. He joined to have clothes and food.

Most Nazis were not involved in the holocaust either, they were on the front lines like any other soldier. I'm only saying this because they never taught me the other side of the story in school. There is a very american bias about WWII in the schools here. Living with a german and listening to their stories about how one day soldiers came into their house and said basically they had to leave that day and could ONLY bring 50lbs of what they own which is Darn near nothin. They burried the dishes in the yard and came to america with nothing. They went back a few years ago to dig up the dishes but someone lives on the farm and they didn't want to dig in someone's yard.

i need to throw my 2 cents in here. yes the japanese were terrible, and yes they did suffer for what they did after we bombed hiroshima. did you know that when we bombed hiroshema, their leaders didnt care. thats why we had to do it again! Our goverment knew in 1941 that it would take a weapon of mass destruction to end that war. You know what the funny part of the whole manhatten project was? 95% of the people that worked in Oak Ridge had no idea what was going on, all they knew is that they werent suppose to talk about anything they did or saw, and that they were helping in ending the war. The people in Oak Ridge didnt know they helped build a A-bomb till after it was dropped.

Check out "Lies My Teacher Told Me : Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong" by James W. Loewen. Wow...great book!!!

Just read this for a philosophy class. Pretty enlightening I'd say.

Just read this for a philosophy class. Pretty enlightening I'd say.

Yup, a fine book. Remember, History is written by the winners!