• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

S70 Radio Reset

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Just purchased a '99 S70 non turbo. Made the mistake of disconnecting the battery (won't do that again ) and now the check engine light comes on and the radio/cd will not work. Have run the car through a number of on/off cycles and approx. 100 miles - still no luck

More patience or do I need to reset a code??

Thanks <_<

Posted

get radio code from dealership

and reset the check engine light and see if it comes back

Posted

You need a radio code. If you didn't get one with the car's paper work you need to get it from your local volvo dealer. If you've entered the incorrect code 3-4 times it will shut off the unit. I believe that you then need to let the headunit be on for 2 hrs (continuous or total, I don't remember) before it will reset and allow you to try to enter a new code. PITA yah, but it should be free (except gas).

O and you'll need your car registration with you when you go to the dealer to prove ownership.

Posted

You need a radio code. If you didn't get one with the car's paper work you need to get it from your local volvo dealer. If you've entered the incorrect code 3-4 times it will shut off the unit. I believe that you then need to let the headunit be on for 2 hrs (continuous or total, I don't remember) before it will reset and allow you to try to enter a new code. PITA yah, but it should be free (except gas).

O and you'll need your car registration with you when you go to the dealer to prove ownership.

Thanks , I'm sure the dealer can tell me but how/where do I enter the code?

Stevo

Posted

Right on the radio itself ... with the #1-#6 preset buttons.

Posted

Wheeeeee! to the AUDIO forum!

Posted

someoewants to make a post about exact procedures on how to obtain a radio code? i will pinn it. sinc ei dont deal with stock radios, i dont know exactly whats involved :)

thanks

b

Posted

someoewants to make a post about exact procedures on how to obtain a radio code? i will pinn it. sinc ei dont deal with stock radios, i dont know exactly whats involved :)

thanks

b

yeah, just go to the dealer, tell them you need the code... all they need is your VIN, or the serial # on the radio..

the point is to PROVE that you own the car that the radio goes to.