Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ibjettin

18" Atantis Wheels On A 1999 S80

Hello all - I've been checking out this site for a while and thought I'd finally join and post a question.

I have a 1999 S80 and just bought a set of 18" Atlantis wheels and wanted to fit 235/40 18 tires. Will I have any problems with rubbing or fitting these on our Volvo?

thanks!

Guest Guest

What size would you reccommend? Can these wheels work?

235 on a 7" wide rim? i wouldn't do it.

If you are daring enough i'd say you could go with some 225's.

That's what I am running with no issues.

Thanks guys for your responses! I was thinking a 215 my be too small and I'd notice every pebble in the road... I know I'll be losing a bit of comfort... So a 225/45 18? Is that what you are runnning? I've seen these wheels on other Volvo's but couldn't find any online :( could you send me a picture of your Volvo with the wheels or post one for me to look at?

Thanks

That's what I am running with no issues.

Thanks guys for your responses! I was thinking a 215 my be too small and I'd notice every pebble in the road... I know I'll be losing a bit of comfort... So a 225/45 18? Is that what you are runnning? I've seen these wheels on other Volvo's but couldn't find any online :( could you send me a picture of your Volvo with the wheels or post one for me to look at?

Thanks

what is the stock size of the S80 tires? That will dictate what size tires you need on the Atlantis, also, you will need hub rings for the wheels.

225/40/18

215/35/18

That looks great! Very nice thank you for posting that for me. I saw your signature last night when I was searching and thought how great it looks!

I was on www.discounttires.com and figured that the 225/40 18 is the closest to my stock 215/55 16 size. There is only a -.5mph difference on the speedo.

So I need hubcentric rings? I had to get these for my Discovery when I fitted 19" Range Rover wheels... I was able to get them on Ebay.. Where would I get the rings for the Volvo?

Thanks again!

That looks great! Very nice thank you for posting that for me. I saw your signature last night when I was searching and thought how great it looks!

I was on www.discounttires.com and figured that the 225/40 18 is the closest to my stock 215/55 16 size. There is only a -.5mph difference on the speedo.

So I need hubcentric rings? I had to get these for my Discovery when I fitted 19" Range Rover wheels... I was able to get them on Ebay.. Where would I get the rings for the Volvo?

Thanks again!

I had to make mine, couldn't find any. You need a 65mm ID and a 67mm OD.

What is a hubcentric ring? Would one have to have these if pegs were purchased for his/her s80? by the way, could anyone photoshop an s80 with some atlantis rims on it. Would be great :P

by the way team est sux, any way possible you could pm what you paid for your rims? I found some atlantis cheaper than pegs, and was just wondering if I was getting a great deal or not. TY

I was actually messing around in PS trying to see what different wheels would look like on our Volvo... Here's a quick PS idea of what they may look like... i am getting them this week and will hopefully have them on the car by the end of the weekend... I will post a real picture then.

But for now...

113177224.jpg

What is a hubcentric ring? Would one have to have these if pegs were purchased for his/her s80? by the way, could anyone photoshop an s80 with some atlantis rims on it. Would be great :P

by the way team est sux, any way possible you could pm what you paid for your rims? I found some atlantis cheaper than pegs, and was just wondering if I was getting a great deal or not. TY

hub rings fill the space that a larger bored wheel has compared to the smaller boar on the brake rotor. It basically aligns the rim on the hub so you dont get vibrations.

How about you PM me with what you will be paying and I'll let you know if it's a good deal! ;)