Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nebor

Where To Get An X70 Dual Exhaust Rear Bumper?

I took the S70 out christmas shopping earlier and some lady in a minivan behind me decided that my choice to stop at a red light was lacking in judgement, and so she, in her wisdom, kept going.

So she scruffed up by bumper and cut it in places. Not too bad really. The major damage that I saw was that a passenger in my car had a bottle of gatorade in their hand, and it exploded all over the car.

So we trade information, she tells me that her brakes weren't working, yada yada. The police come and mushroom bruise her.

As I drive away from the scene, I hear a horrible racket. Ah, she hit my exhaust tip, and bent my exhaust system into my left rear coil spring. Glorious. So off to the exhaust shop I go to get it fixed. Took forever, whatever.

Now where do I get a new rear bumper? I want one of the ones with dual cutouts so I can put on dual exhaust. And all of you that say dual exhaust is a waste, you can go to hell, because it looks cool.

Her insurance is paying for it, so I guess I can just get it at the Volvo dealer?

I agree ... it does look cool, and I would do it on that premise alone :) I'm wondering if you can get new ones from the dealer already prepainted like the R front bumpers? I don't know what color your car is, but if it we me, that's the route I would take ... and I bet FCP can beat your dealer's price.

ya Jeff, i was WAY into this hunt for a while last year..

dealer should be able to get it..

lotsa parts managers on this site too. wink wink.

PS - you need a 99 or 00 S70 AWD bumper..

not a XC 70 bumper..

cause wagon bumpers don't fit the sedans right.

Actually, I needed a new rear bumper anyway, so this isn't really a bad deal. The thing I'm most pissed about is the gatorade all over the inside of the car.

wonder if the IPD dual exhaust fits the FWD cars .... :huh:

Actually, I needed a new rear bumper anyway, so this isn't really a bad deal. The thing I'm most pissed about is the gatorade all over the inside of the car.

that sucks! they do come prepainted and it will look wicked awesome dude!

Could someone give me a P\N for the bumper with dual exhaust? My Volvo dealer is lost.

And all of you that say dual exhaust is a waste, you can go to hell, because it looks cool.

AMEN TO THAT!

get the AWD bumper. should be a direct replacement.

SIDAV for the w1n!

edit: kevin took out the sidav pic :blink:

i guess you could pm kevin about the part #