Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denroll

Treating The Wheels

it's the process of applying wax to something. :rolleyes:

yeah yeah...

what i meant to say was: what type of wax and how much?

don't be stupid, i'm not gonna put candle wax on my wheels, or ear wax... or... well, you get the point.

yeah yeah...

don't be stupid, i'm not gonna put candle wax on my wheels, or ear wax... or... well, you get the point.

Wheels have the same clearcoat as your paint...

sooooooo figure it out.

heh, why didn't u say that before?

NuFinish time.

yeah yeah...

read my post. I told you already :P

lol, as i've said before...i can't read/

lol, as i've said before...i can't read/

Go to google and look for something called "WHEEL WAX" it can handle the heat transfers that your wheels can go threw. It comes in a black plastic bottle with chrome lettering.

iight, i'll look into that. with wheels that i should get soon, after christmas, i'll see if i can keep them clean, every week :)

I have experimented with Wheel Wax.

Their website is: www.WheelWax.com

It helped a small bit, but it was a lot of work. Initial application requires two coats per wheel. After that, brake dust is supposed to rinse off with plain water. This was not the case. The eight applications took me several hours. After only 100 miles or so of normal driving, I still had to wash the wheels with soap and water to get them perfectly clean. I was hoping that the Wheel Wax would have repelled more of the dust, or that it would magically rinse off as the manufacturer claimed.

Hmm, I'm going to have a BRAND NEW set of Heicos to wax. They should be easier to wax inside the comfort of home without having tires on them.

It's a shame the Wheel Wax didn't work as advertised for you because something like that is exactly what I'm looking for.