Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rojo wess

banter from 3" Downpipe Group Buy #2

1) Why would I need an extra O2 bung? <--Wide band

2) How does this SS model with CAT compare with EST's SS model (interchangeable center section with CAT + Straight pipe)?

Jesse: $500+$100+$60 = $660 shipped. EST: $750-10% = $675+ shipping?

Does anyone have experience with both vendors? Can anyone provide a comparison?

what about beyond a 10 count? Group buy ends

still good with the price? no goes back to regular price of $375.00

i will jump in after january arrives.

pm sent

wow...

Wow...sorry for not being mechanically inclined and wanting to understand a multi-hundred dollar purchase before making a decision. Shame on me for joining your last group buy first (get it right) - asking tons of useless questions (like, 2) - and then wasting your valuable time when I backed out because I learned that you weren't offering what I needed. How dumb of me to try and be an informed buyer. What was I thinking? So sorry to bother you. You're right...it would be better if I bought from someone else. Thanks for helping me get off the fence about whether or not you're worth my money.

It had nothing to do with the questions. Now there is a reason I sent you a PM. I didn't want to insult you in front of other members. First being an informed buyer is one thing but then calling Frank to get shipping cost on a product that you aren't even ready to buy, rubbed me the wrong way. Again I am sorry.

It had nothing to do with the questions. Now there is a reason I sent you a PM. I didn't want to insult you in front of other members. First being an informed buyer is one thing but then calling Frank to get shipping cost on a product that you aren't even ready to buy, rubbed me the wrong way. Again I am sorry.

<laughing> Oh, Jesse...while I appreciate your intentions…you couldn’t insult me if you tried. We are all adults here. Don’t hide your dissatisfaction with how a potential customer questions your authority behind a PM. The people you are peddling to have every right to know how your product compares to the competition. Your immaturity in feeling slighted because I disclosed the shipping costs of another vendor…actually answering your own question…

"$500+$100+$60 = $660 shipped. EST: $750-10% = $675+ shipping? "

…speaks volumes.

I target independents with my business every chance I get (VS included). I had convinced myself that - yes - I was (finally) going to forgo the big guys on this level of purchase and give the little guy a shot. Typically, sellers are willing to exhibit extraordinary measures to convince buyers that their product is superior versus the competition. Unfortunately, in this case, I see a seller more interested in selfless pride and not wanting to be defied…than one willing to win the purchasing favor of potential customers. Banning me from a purchase because you don’t like how I handled my questions discredits all of the independents on this site. I am shocked, saddened, and very much disappointed by this whole ordeal.

I wish you continued success.

Shame on me for joining your last group buy first (get it right) - asking tons of useless questions - and then wasting your valuable time when I backed out because I learned that you weren't offering what I needed.

Then why are you still asking him questions?

when you are in a struggle with a reputable member here, it becomes everyone's business

jesse is a valued member here and everyone has very positive feedback about his product

do us a favour and if you need to have a spat with him, do it through PM

that's what it's for

don't drag him down

From what I have learned in the sales industry is if you feel a bad vibe from a potential customer don't be afraid to walk way. Otherwise they will make your life miserable.

You sir gave me a bad vibe, so end of topic.

You are not the first person I have turned away so I don't want you to think I was targeting you. In fact I returned his deposit which I still think was the best thing I did. If I feel that he/she is not happy to begin with then you will never turn that person around. Customer service is my #1 priority. I did get a pm from one of the members of the group who wasn't happy with the welds. He found pin holes in the welds which would cause the down pipe to leak around the holes. I've dropped everything and am build him another Downpipe and paying for his return shipping.