Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rikardsundelin

Friday Night Cruise

Me and my buddy were out cruisin around earlier tonight. Before we know it we find ourselves in the middle of a cruise consisting of on 350Z with exaust, 2 civic hatchbacks and a SRT 4. The 350 and the SRT 4 did a couple of pulls while I was playing with the hatchbacks in the back which turned out to be nothing special. I decided to get up in the front to get a piece of the action. I ended up next to the 350Z with the SRT 4 behind us. I challanged the guy in the Nissan for a race and we went on three. I got a pretty bad launch but inched ahead. When I hit 4500 rpm's I got a jump on him but he was still not even a car leanght behind. I the middle of this mediocre race the SRT 4 came shooting by like out of no were. We really got our doors blown off. We pulled up to a gas station and chatted for a little while. It turned out that the the 350 was 6 speed had an exhaust but that was it. The SRT4 guy said that he had a stage 2 done(Whatever that means!?) and he had the stock turbo in there which I found hard to beliave. When he raced the 350 he didn't seem to pull as hard as he did when he blew our doors off. Nitrous? :rolleyes:

So what do I get out of this

I need to tune my car. Right now im running 14 psi and I dont dare to go above that. To bad im in the middle of moving so that has gonna have to wait until I get to LA. Anyone over there that can help me with that in LA, show me a good dyno for example?

They can make 3-400 whp & 3-400lbs on stock turbo. not that hard, FMIC is key and tuning, plenty of EMS for them to work with.

They can make 3-400 whp & 3-400lbs on stock turbo. not that hard, FMIC is key and tuning, plenty of EMS for them to work with.

But what kind of turbo are they running? Thought they had a 16G?...Is it the so call EVO 16G. :huh:

But what kind of turbo are they running? Thought they had a 16G?...Is it the so call EVO 16G. :huh:

As far as I remember they have a Mitsu 16G (with an odd reverse spin). Evo's have 16G's too.

As far as I remember they have a Mitsu 16G (with an odd reverse spin). Evo's have 16G's too.

they are running a TD04 15G LR (rotates backwards)

although there TD05HR-15GK2-10cm2 upgrade for stage 3 looks interesting, surprised nobody has looked into that yet

they are running a TD04 15G LR (rotates backwards)

although there TD05HR-15GK2-10cm2 upgrade for stage 3 looks interesting, surprised nobody has looked into that yet

So just because its spinning backwards their able to make over 350 wheel hp on a 15G? :blink: (in addition to the fact that SRT 4 is a four banger)

Pardon my ignorance when it comes to the potential of these turbos.

Most of us can beat 350zs on stock turbos man. Get a tune already.

Until then you're just making people think that even Volvos with big turbos are slow.

And I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Most of us can beat 350zs on stock turbos man. Get a tune already.

Until then you're just making people think that even Volvos with big turbos are slow.

And I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Relax, im not here to brag. Im just telling it as it is. Im satisfied, the car is running relatively well on low boost and it's not even tuned once. Making the assumption that bigger turbos are slow just shows that people dont understand the importance of proper tuning. Big turbo by the way haha :rolleyes: ..Tell the Garret guys that.

Me and my buddy were out cruisin around earlier tonight. Before we know it we find ourselves in the middle of a cruise consisting of on 350Z with exaust, 2 civic hatchbacks and a SRT 4. The 350 and the SRT 4 did a couple of pulls while I was playing with the hatchbacks in the back which turned out to be nothing special. I decided to get up in the front to get a piece of the action. I ended up next to the 350Z with the SRT 4 behind us. I challanged the guy in the Nissan for a race and we went on three. I got a pretty bad launch but inched ahead. When I hit 4500 rpm's I got a jump on him but he was still not even a car leanght behind. I the middle of this mediocre race the SRT 4 came shooting by like out of no were. We really got our doors blown off. We pulled up to a gas station and chatted for a little while. It turned out that the the 350 was 6 speed had an exhaust but that was it. The SRT4 guy said that he had a stage 2 done(Whatever that means!?) and he had the stock turbo in there which I found hard to beliave. When he raced the 350 he didn't seem to pull as hard as he did when he blew our doors off. Nitrous? :rolleyes:

So what do I get out of this

I need to tune my car. Right now im running 14 psi and I dont dare to go above that. To bad im in the middle of moving so that has gonna have to wait until I get to LA. Anyone over there that can help me with that in LA, show me a good dyno for example?

neon srt4 stage 2 is 280 whp, stage 3 is 360whp, still backed by factory warranty. I work at a dodge dealership, discovered this when i had to do warranty work on a (modded) srt-4, and discovered that it was all factory options basically. sick stuff

and then after you look at those hp numbers, compare the weight of the 2 cars.

and then after you look at those hp numbers, compare the weight of the 2 cars.

yeah, all the srt cars are sick, light and powerful

i thought it was a td05 housing...